Friday, November 18, 2005

MTV dedication

Hmm.. I like science, but I definitely like the arts too. :) I like to express myself through music - personalisation.

Even personalisation of somewhat secular music can make holy spirit sense. :D I love it when I'm able to read the music in such a way that it ministers to me. And why not? Every good thing is from above. And God loves music!

So anyway, I'm preparing for a performance at my teacher's.. it's a small gathering of about 20. If you're interested to hmm.. hear me sing, let me know :D It's on the evening of the 3rd of December.

I'm singing "Just the way you are". And have been rehearsing it in my mind. I see it like a mini-MTV. You'll know what's running through my mind when I sing this song. :)

(You'll have to have heard the song before to make any sense of what's coming up next. I'm singing a shortened version of the song.)


Opening scene: A girl (it's me when I personalised it) is sitting on a window seat, looking rather forlornly out. It is night outside. The window is one of those old arched windows, framed with curtains of a sheer white, gently moving to a soft breeze. The room is rather bare and dark, though there is a shimmering of moonlight at the back.

From the corner, we see a shadow of a man (JC), looking at her. Music starts.


JC: Don't go changing, to try to please me,
You never let me down before (He starts walking towards her. She's determined to look out of the window, and not look at Him. He continues..)
Don't imagine, you're too familiar (He goes down on one knee and looks at her)
and I don't see you anymore.

as He continues, He takes both her hands in His. She's still not looking at Him

JC: I wouldn't leave you, in times of trouble,
we never could have come this far (She finally looks at Him)
I took the good times, (He looks into her eyes calmly) I'll take the bad times (a tear rolls down her cheek 'cos she knows what the next line is)
I love you just the way you are.

She finally looks at Him and speaks to Him, almost urgently, a little desperately

Girl: I need to know that You will always be
That same old Someone, that I knew

There's a hint of a sad laugh as He answers her, holds her hands a little tighter

JC: What would it take till you believe in Me?
The way that I believe in you.

There's a little silence. She's comforted that despite everything, He believes in her. She wants to reassure Him...

Girl: I said I love You (but at the back of her mind, she wonders whether she can really... He reads her mind and reassures her instead.. that it is not her love, but His love that sustains them. He continues for her with a smile)
JC: and that's forever (she is relieved that He knew what she was trying to say, thankful for His reassurance, that it is with a lighter heart that she continues...
Girl: and this I promised from the heart ('I love You' she quietly reiterates from her heart)

He looks into her eyes

JC: I couldn't love you...

she looks into His and continues for Him

Girl: ... any better

Together: (because it's an intimate two-way relationship) I love you/You just the way you/You are....



My Beloved is mine, and I am His.. (Song of Solomon)

No comments: