Monday, January 09, 2006

Awe

Often, the magical moments that I experience are in times of worship. Whether it is listening to a worship CD (not praise CD) or during corporate worship in church. It is during worship that I feel the soothing strong presence of God envelope me - and all the dirt, the stress, the worry, the blahness of life just fall away as I linger in His presence. These are the quiet times of worship.

And there are times of quiet intensity too, which brings tears into my eyes. When I behold His glory and His marvellous beauty. And even when I'm in the bus listening to the CD, I see myself standing up, arms outstretched, head tilted up giving Him the glory. And not just giving praise 'cos it's a time of worship - I feel myself, my soul, my spirit within me, as if bursting forth, going forward, stretching to reach Him. It's a consecration of myself, a giving of myself to Him in worship. At intense moments, the longing to be one with Him, or perhaps somehow, the revelation that we are already one somehow resonates within my soul. Such moments when I am devoid of speech, helpless, tears overflowing, unspeakable joy as I behold Him. Jesus.. Jesus, my King, Lord God, my love, my Saviour...

Lingering over those beautiful words in this song, whispering Him.. it becomes an intimate confession between us.


You are beautiful beyond description
Too marvellous for words
Too wonderful for comprehension
Like nothing ever seen or heard
Who can grasp Your infinite wisdom
Who can fathom the depth of Your love
You are beautiful beyond description
Majesty enthroned above

And I stand, I stand in awe of You
I stand, I stand in awe of You
Holy God to whom all praise is due
I stand in awe of You

No comments: