Friday, January 06, 2006

Unabashed!

How many of us are able to declare our love unabashfully?

These are one of the times I envy couples. Around Jesus, I'm not shy - there's a wonderful liberty in that.

But don't you feel sometimes, with all the romantic love that He showers on you, that you wish you're able to love someone just like that? Hmm... I wonder how it is like to be in love with a person?

When in love, are we able to say it, boldly love like in the Song of songs? I'm better at writing than saying and expressing words out loud. Don't know whether it is an Asian thing. I wonder how it is to make love with words. Like Shakespeare (modernised of course) - or like the moving lyrics of some songs.

Anyway, got on this topic as I'm listening to some music. Discovered this group called Rascal Flatts. Their music sounds like rock country. This song is titled Where you are.

Written by: James Leblanc & Catt Gravitt
Published by: Fame Publishing Co., Inc.
Lyrics

There you are standing strong
I'm a leaf holding on
You believe like a child
In this fire running wild
Oh I love how you see right to the heart of me


Chorus:

You're a waterfall washing over me
I'm a thirsty man let me drink you in
I am on my way
You're a mountain top
When I reach for you
Your love lifts me up
And all that I want is to be
Where you are

I'm the frozen ground
You're the warm sunlight
Shining down on me
Baby, just in time
I have never been in love like this
Oh, you move my soul every time we kiss
And I love how you heal
I can't believe how alive I feel


Chorus:

You're a waterfall washing over me
I'm a thirsty man let me drink you in
I am on my way
You're a mountain top
When I reach for you
Your love lifts me up
And all that I want is to be
Where you are



Imagine being serenaded like this! I believe Abba has already given me a passionate relationship with him. Wow, the anticipation! :D

No comments: