Sunday, July 16, 2006

Multiply

Hi my beloved readers,

I think I'll be shifting to multiply. The new addy will be http://belovedsally.multiply.com. If I ever do shift back, I'll also post a notice there.. but I hope not.. :)

I'm quite new to it but what it has that blogger doesn't, is that it seems to have good network support. It purports to support "meaningful" relationship rather than growing the biggest site.

Advantages:

1. Sharing other stuff like photos, music and video

2. Some extra features like a "Review" section where one can share book/movie reviews and also be notified at the same time - see what your friends are watching! :)

3. Also, there's a calendar feature. Sometimes we have activities coming up and to organise a group activity, we tend to mass mail. Or sometimes we receive a mail about a friend's upcoming activity but forget to reply. This feature allows us to share our timetables with each other.

4. Because of the above 'network' support, we can keep in touch by being involved in each other's life (different aspects other than just blog but music as well.)

5. There's also a notification feature when there's a new blog entry/review etc up.

6. There's an easy import feature from blogger to multiply. I tried that and it's really easy. The only thing is that for me, it didn't import my whole blog but I think only the last 2 months. It's a duplication but it feels good 'cos it doesn't feel like it's starting from square one.

7. All you need to do is apply to multiply. You don't have to keep a blog there. Little maintenance but it'll be nice to keep in touch with me, yes? E-mail me your address and I'll send an invite along. ;) My e-mail is found via my profile here.

shalom!

:) Sally Elisha

5 comments:

ShepherdKing said...

hi babe! if u realised in multiply, visitors are unable to put in their comments in your blog.. if they do not have a multiply account. i find it not user-friendly too leh... hmm

Beloved Princess said...

I think it's a safeguard against anonymous comments :)Same like my blogger account - does not anonymous comments.

Anyway, a mutliply account is v. easy to apply. I was surprised to see some of my friends have a huge network already. I think a lot of people are switching to multiply because they want to use their blog to keep in active touch with their friends. :D

Evelyn Zoe said...

hey, sally, i tried the mulitply, but i think i missed some steps, so i could not register for it...

Beloved Princess said...

Hmm? Evelyn, you're already a member. I have you in my contacts for almost 1 year already but your account was like mine, inactive. LOL. Don't register for it. Log back in. Do you remember your ID or e-mail or password since one year ago?

Thrasymachus said...

Hi....Just dropping by...Take care and have a good weekend ahead.

Cheers!
T