Thursday, October 06, 2005

Snap decisions

Okay, my dear readers, this post may seem a little in the abstract 'cos it's a public blog :D But I think you'll get the principles of it...


It's strange how it's sometimes possible to turn on and off one's emotional valve. To be able to make a logical decision on an 'emotional' issue well, emotionlessly. These could be issues relating to job and in particular, relationships.

Some may deem it 'ruthless'(??) but I enjoy the clarity that comes with it. I believe that it's His peace that guards our hearts. It's becomes easier to cut ourselves away from issues that are potentially emotional. I guess when all that matter is Christ, compassion and love flows where it should, where there is life. And where there is no life, and because I know that all my passions are vested in Christ, nothing else and no one else matters as much as Him. When I recognise the relative value of what I am currently holding dear and what Jesus is to me, the former becomes like dust.

In the last fortnight, I've made 'snap' decisions on 3 potentially emotional issues. It was quite painless. Except for the latest, probably 'cos it's only yesterday, so there's still the twinge of nostalgia. But I have that confidence that whatever decisions I make, my God, my Abba is so jealous of me, He'll never let me get hurt.

The decisions are easy to make (hence 'snap' haha) 'cos if what I see now seems good but I know it's not the best for me, how much more the real thing - the unshakeable promise and plans that He has already laid for me in my future. I mean, what I see is already good and I am already willing to take it - if I'm already satisfied at this level and it's the 'wrong' one, how much more the 'right' one! How much more glorious is my hope in Him and His promise! Hallelujah!

No comments: