Monday, October 10, 2005

Thanksgiving!

The kingdom of God is righteousness, peace and joy. Pastor has been preaching on righteousness and peace for the past two years.. and today, joy!

Joy stems from thanksgiving! It seems so simple isn't it? And yet we don't realise, don't give thanks for the here and now. Sometimes, I hanker for the past, the if-onlys and worry for the future what-ifs.

Truely, there are things here and now that I am blessed with that I am not thankful for. I guess its human nature to think the grass is greener on the other side; to think, if only I have this gadget, earn this salary, get this degree, be with this person, I will be happy, I will be satisfied.

If we can't be happy and joyful and be thankful for the blessings we have now, what makes us think we'll be happy after?

I have been looking at my deficiencies and other people's blessings and have forgotten what I have. I look at the material, the money earned, the clothes worn and forgetto value my own.

I've forgotten that I have everything already. I have Jesus.


Have I given thanks today?

Thank You Abba, that You are with me always.

Thank You Abba, that Your love is unconditional. You'll never leave me, nor forsake me, even when I disappoint You.

Thank You Abba, that You are my encourager. You'll not let me be disappointed with myself nor even let self-condemnation touch me. Your acceptance and love embraces me at all times.

Thank You Lord, for my family who have been so patient with me, so undemanding and faithful.

Thank You Lord, for my friends who have been source of inspiration and joy. That I may learn from each and everyone of them.

Thank You Lord, for setting me in families. You answered my prayer even after I've forgotten all about it.

Thank You Lord, that You are always faithful, even when I am faithless.

Thank You Lord for sunshine and rain.. I love the rain especially! When it's night and I feel so safe and comfortable.

Thank You Lord for revealing Your presence through the wonders of nature.. it's in the details, how marvellously creative You are!

Thank You Lord for children! They are beautiful and they are gifts and reminders of how gently You have crafted me too.. known me.. living demonstrations of what love is.

Thank You Abba, for sending down Jesus, Your only son to die on the cross for me whilst I was still in my sins.

Thank You Jesus, for giving yourself. For knowing the cost, and counting it worthwhile. You lived to die, rejected and alone. You took the fall, and thought of me, above all.

Thank You Lord, for a curious mind and aesthetic sense. hahaha :D

Thank You Abba, for placing me in Singapore with all those marvellous food!

Thank You Lord, for this sexy cool white notebook that I'm currently typing on! It's hip man!

Thank You Lord for revealing Your truths in my heart.. for feeding my soul.

Thank You Lord, for being the light of my life!

Thank You Lord, for an awesome life partner, a glorious marriage and beautiful children!

Thank You Lord, for life and life more abundantly!

Thank You Abba for Your favour! For your double portion! For making me a king priest. For your abundance of grace and the gift of righteousness through Your sacrifice!

Thank You Lord for my senses, to enjoy colour, relish taste, decipher sounds, sniff and convey feelings through touch.

There're so many other things to thank you for. And as I'm typing this, that smile on my face is getting broader. Thank You Lord, You are my joy!

I shall remember. The day that Jesus was crucified as a living sacrifice - that was the day that You have made. And by his death, we are victorious! Thank You Jesus..


Psalm 118:22-29

The stone which the builders rejected
Has become the chief cornerstone.
This was the LORD’s doing;
It is marvelous in our eyes.
This is the day the LORD has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it
.

Save now, I pray, O LORD;
O LORD, I pray, send now prosperity.
Blessed is he who comes in the name of the LORD!
We have blessed you from the house of the LORD.
God is the LORD,
And He has given us light;
Bind the sacrifice with cords to the horns of the altar.
You are my God, and I will praise You;
You are my God, I will exalt You.

Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good!
For His mercy endures forever.

3 comments:

. said...

Amen Amen sis!!! hehe.. Thank Abba for u too!!! Shalom Shalom!!!!! :)

ShepherdKing said...

Thanks for sharing sis :) see u soon..

cybeRanger said...

We can glorify God by giving thanks to Him..