Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Growing up

Okay, I need to arrange my thoughts.

These two words "growing up" has been on my mind lately. That I have not risen to the potential that God has placed within me. All I need to do is to flex those wings and soar.

That it's a matter of "taking charge" yet resting in the Lord. And the time is NOW. The time is NOW. But Lord, I don't know what to do.

Yes, I do. I'm just procrastinating. Until it becomes more painful for me to do nothing than to do something. And that's just silly.

Focus! Focus on Him.

I wonder how the children of Israel felt, wandering about the wilderness, but always being able to see the manifest presence of the Lord with them. Living comfortably (their clothes never wore out), having enought to eat. God took care of them, giving them cool in the day, and warmth in the night. I'm sure they were pretty comfortable with the status quo.

How did they feel when Moses died and Joshua became leader and then told them that they were going over to Jerico? Did trepidition grip their hearts? This is war. Were they reluctant to get out of their comfort zone?

Or were they fired-up in their hearts? Saying, "Finally!" For this was a new generation, untouched by the lies and lures of Egypt. Growing up hearing the word of the Lord, seeing His faithfulness day by day. Raring to go and finally, the time has come where God Himself would fulfil the promise that He made to them.

Come and possess the land that I've already given thee! A land flowing with milk and honey!

The Lord will fight for you!

Be like Joshua; be strong and very courageous!

I wonder her Gideon felt. What valiant man? "I'll rather stay and thresh wheat safely in my father's home." Would I rather do that and miss the fun?

But even Gideon, even he was roused to action. Perhaps there's something about being close to the Lord that inspires. For one cannot be in His presence without being moved. What's more today when His Spirit resides in me!

Oh, to practise that consciousness!

I'm done with writing. I'm done with contemplating and reflecting. I still feel I'm in my cocoon.

But this I believe, that I'm always in Your thoughts. That regardless, You're doing a mighty work in me. And because I often do not understand what's going on and am tired of trying to figure out, Holy Spirit, You take over. You pray, for I do not know what and how to pray as I ought.

My eyes are on You Lord. I've received your message but I do not know how to execute it. It's no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. I rest in Your Word and as I see my Father do, that I will do also. Amen.

No comments: