Friday, March 03, 2006

No sweat - part 3

On blessings:-

Look to the Lord. Because if you don't look to the Lord, where do you look for your blessings? Yourself? If so, you shall produce results by your sweat (with stress and anxiety)

No, I look to the Lord. I want the Lord's blessings!

What does the bible say about a bless-me! prayer?

1 Chronicles 4:9-10

Now Jabez was more honorable than his brothers, and his mother called his name Jabez,saying, “Because I bore him in pain.” And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, “Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!” So God granted him what he requested.


Indeed, the only thing that was recorded of Jabez was his prayer.

And how does God described him? That he was more honourable than his brothers.

Why?

He was more honourable because he looked to God.


And what happened?

God granted him what he requested.

What grieves the Lord?

Luke 19:41-42

Now as He drew near, He saw the city and wept over it, saying, “If you had known, even you, especially in this your day, the things that make for your peace! But now they are hidden from your eyes.


When we don't know what makes for our shalom.

According to Strong's concordance, peace is eirene [1515]

1) a state of national tranquillity

a) exemption from the rage and havoc of war

2) peace between individuals, i.e. harmony, concord

3) security, safety, prosperity, felicity, (because peace and harmony make and keep things safe and prosperous)

4) of the Messiah's peace

a) the way that leads to peace (salvation)

5) of Christianity, the tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and content with its earthly lot, of whatsoever sort that is

6) the blessed state of devout and upright men after death


What grieves the Lord today is when we don't know what our inheritance is. Think about it. God so loved us, He gave His only begotten Son for us. Jesus so loved us, that He chose to die on the cross for us. And through His death, God, through the Holy Spirit, so loved us, that He never wants to be separated from us and makes His abode within us. If God is for us, who can be against us? And yet, we are blinded, yet we struggle - we come so close to Life itself, only to turn away, as if we were orphans when Christ has come and through His death, given us everything, reconciled us to God, given us the spirit of sonship!

Philippians 2:13

for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.


Accept the REALITY, that it is God working IN you. Know that! He is the one working in me the willingness and the performance of whatever I do.

God's commandments in the new testament are all His enable-ments.

How?

It is not us doing it! Read the above again! It is God working in us!

Colossians 1:27-29

To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus. To this end I also labor, striving according to His working which works in me mightily.

Don't even try to love. Because it's you who's trying. And you're not 'Love'.

Boy, do I know what that means. When I try to love someone, it becomes an obligation. Of course, that doesn't mean I'm rude to that someone, but I just accept the fact that I don't like the person at all. And when I let go of 'trying', I slowly feel compassion for him and her.

"A child needs to feel. You are not a child anymore."

I felt that the Lord was firmly telling me this. Actually, it means something else to me. Maybe I'll share it some other time.

Meditate (speak it out, mutter): God is working in me. (emphasis on different word each time)

My heart gave a thrill when Pastor observed in the auditorium that "it sounds like an army is being prepared." I feel the tremble, and soon it will be time. When the sons of Man will rise. The Shekeniah glory of God is returning to His church. An army arises to face a defeated foe. When the sons of El-Shaddai would come into a full revelation of their inheritance, wielding the spirit as a sword, they shall take command and put to flight the works of the evil one. An army is prepared! Can you hear the awe? Can you taste their fright? An army is prepared, heralding the return of the King of kings!

1 John 2:27

But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him.

The anointing is already abiding in me. Anointing = present continuous.

The power of God working in me mightily.

As Christ is, so am I.

Greater things than this shall you do when I go back to my Father.

Give me boldness in this day Lord! I walk victoriously because of You!

No comments: