Friday, March 03, 2006

Heart of worship

Today, a sister was sharing with me something about worship.

Where is God now? God is at Mount Zion.

And in His presence there is joy ever lasting.

So when we're feeling blah and down, what do we do? When there is an absence of His presence? Or when we're feeling condemned etc..

Well, God has moved! He's no longer at Mount Sinai.

Hebrews 12:22-23

But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels,to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect

We've been well taught enough to know that He's not there any longer but at Mount Zion. So here, we are, at the foot of Mount Zion, with the cares of the world upon our shoulders.

And we worship. When we worship and speak forth, we focus our attention on the Lord. When we focus our attention as we worship and speak forth, and confess the Word in the midst of our worship, we speak life.

Slowly, worship creates a buoyancy in the spirit. Where one was once low and down, worship lifts the spirit up up and up to Mount Zion. There, in His presence.

Another thing my sister shared, which I felt is so good...

That worship ploughs the heart.

Yes, you read it right!

You know how the Word falls onto different ground, like a seed.

Well, for best results, the farmer ploughs the land before scattering the seeds. And worship does that! It softens the heart; it prepares a tender heart, a fertile heart, a readied heart for the Word of life!

Yes, isn't that so true?

So now, before I read the bible, I shall come before the Lord, in quietness, in obedience, in worship. And let Him tenderly minister to me. And allow myself to draw near to His presence in worship and open my heart to the zoe life, and saving power of His Word, and exalt in it taking deep root within my soul, renewing my mind.

No comments: