Wednesday, March 29, 2006

HOPE!

I'm so very glad I went for caregroup today. I actually thought of not going 'cos I was tired out at work. Thoughts and feelings can be really deceptive - and I realise how real spiritual warfare is. And actually, how easy it is to overcome. It is just making that choice and decision to go. After I've set my heart on going, the lethargy just left.

Oh, I really thank God for my caregroup. Always so blessed by the sharing. And such lovely people in my caregroup too! Today, I felt so honoured that some were sharing their personal history, willing to be vulnerable to us. And I felt, listening to the testimonies, and the accompanying attitudes, that really, God is good!

I feel that Abba really so loves me. I mean, He's always refreshing me with His Word; teaching me, preparing a banquet before me. I'm just so thankful that He has given me a heart that hungers and He enlightens my understanding. I just feel so blessed, so blessed! Sometimes Lord, Your love overwhelms me. You've given me so much! Just pouring, and pouring Lord, abundantly! Friends, family, career! Your goodness, Your goodness! Lord, You just take my breath away!

Okay, so I'll just list the notes I've taken today. Be blessed!

Today's sharing is on HOPE

Kenneth (our CGL) summarised Pastor's message on 19 March 2006 into 7 points:-

1. Confident expecation of good things

2. Analogy of a boat.
Hope is the mast.
Faith is the wind.

Faith cannot work without hope.

3. The moment you believe, you receive.

4. When you see negative circumstances, know that the Lord is doing something good. (Hope cannot disappoint)

5. Elpis=hope. The hebrew word for hope, 'tek-vah' (spelling may be wrong) - has it's root word rope. (the same rope found in Rahab's story which was scarlet - Joshua 2:15-18)

It is the blood of Jesus that gives us hope.

6. To guard your mind, put on the helmet of salvation.

7. Trouble has redeeming qualities, producing strength and character.


My other notes:- (I took down notes that I felt particularly spoke to me)

Learn to see things in the supernatural,, not the natural.

Strength of faith, strengthened by revelation of covenant (what it means to be a covenant-child)

In work, it is the favour of God. Don't put your trust, even in your own charisma etc..

"It's not over, until I win."

Hope does not disappoint.

I really feel very blessed!

There may be factors that try to throw you off course for whatever God wanted for you in your life.

The good happened at the right place, right time.

When God works, it's effortless.

The journey that we have grows us to trust in the Lord for greater blessings.

Romans 8:24

For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees?

Therefore, hope is 'seen' in the spiritual

"Hope brings faith"

Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.


John said this ("hope brings faith") to me during fellowship after CG. I was like, whoa! Let me just think on that for a while.

So true right?

I thought, faith would bring hope (that things would happen). But that's not biblically correct.

Rather, hope brings faith.

Hope is the positive, confident expectation of good things. Therefore, the more we hope (biblically), by 'seeing' things in the supernatural, by painting our hope with the promises of God found in the Word, the more faith comes!

Hence, faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God!

Why? Hearing and hearing the Word brings hope! Hope! Biblical hope does not disappoint!

Hope brings faith!

Cool huh? Let me just chew on it some more :D

No comments: