Wednesday, June 07, 2006

My purpose in life

I was made to praise You
I was made to glorify Your name
In every circumstance
To find a chance to thank You
I was made to love You
I was made to worship at Your feet
And to obey You, Lord
I was made for You

I was made to praise You
I was made to glorify Your name
In every circumstance
I'll find a chance to thank You
I will always love You
I will always worship at Your feet
And I'll obey You, Lord
I was made for You


Song by Chris Christensen.


Some people think that God is a hot shot who wants all the glory for Himself. When I was a non-believer I used to think, "Wah, Jesus so great meh? Don't believe go to hell? Threaten me huh?" LOL

Nothing can be further from the truth.

Why do we worship and give glory to Him? Because we are so 'touched' that He sent His son to die for us? Believe me, the intellectual that I was thought that that made excellent religious propoganda.

But it goes beyond touchy feely feelings. There is nothing like worship. Nothing like getting a touch from God. Yes, the cross is a demonstration of God's love, unto death - but there's something about pure truth that cuts beyond the knowing of a 'fact' within the mind but instead is capable of a silent explosion - a revelation within the heart.

There is no way one can mentally figure that out. Believe me, I tried. Unless one asks the Lord of course :)

But really, worshipping Him centers me. Something about coming before His presence, washes me and refreshes me. That vacuum inside is filled. If God is not real, no amount of religious propoganda is able to deceive the cynical human spirit for long.

Even the glory that we are 'able' to give is a reflected glory of His goodness and faithfulness in our lives. What honour for us, what grace He has crowned us with!

Nothing, nothing matters but Christ alone!

No comments: