Friday, June 30, 2006

Worship

Who is there like You Lord?

Worship...it's not just 'cos Jesus is Lord and He is mighty and good.

Worship is deeper than that. Worship is adoration.

Adoration so intense that we just fall before Him.

A love so compelling that we cannot help but desire Him.

Desire.

Desiring the Lord with every fibre of one's being?

At times, it resonates deeply within, especially in times of worship. And the intensity is like diving deep.

And I just know how good He is to me, how much He desires me and loves me.

We can't help ourselves but adore Him! Like falling in love. How can one control love?

My Lord and Saviour, my God and King.

Worship so intense that it's exhausting and yet so satisfying. There is something so intimate when God touches my heart. Sometimes, I feel His delight when I tell Him, "I love You."

Like how a Lover would delight to have His love reciprocrated.

Worship. It's beyond understanding. It's being filled to the brim, to overflowing, receiving in the Spirit something - His love and more! O, I don't know how to express it!

I'm just so thankful that the Lord wanted me. Went out to look for me. Without Him, I can't imagine how life would be. Without Him, I would have been without hope, living life, deluding myself with material goods, intellectual pursuits, an independent lifestyle - yet in all these, at the end of the day, is only emptiness and ashes.

One can delude oneself. But the night forces one to face stark reality, if one chooses to be really honest.

'Cos I've lived that life and it's so futile.

To live is Christ.

What is life otherwise?

The heart of it, the intoxication of life, the pleasures and true satisfaction is found in Christ alone. Nothing else matters. Nothing else but Jesus. Without God, I am lost, blinded, meandering about life with a passive sense of hopelessness and inevitability.

Having tasted His love, seen His passion, O Lord, I just want to go so much deeper into You!

No comments: