Sunday, June 11, 2006

Softly now

Listening to some worship songs on my way home.

Was in a Christian bookstore today, and they had a small section for merchandise. And the name Jesus in nice calligraphic writing.

So beautiful to look upon His name, that I couldn't help tracing His name with my finger.

Recalling that snippet of a memory while listening to the lines "Jesus, You alone are holy; You alone are worthy, Jesus, the name above all names.."

Then I started singing, Jesus.

Saying His name, Jesus.

Softly now, repeatedly, savouring the sound, the way my lips pronounce His name. Slowly whispering to myself.

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus.

Yeshua, Yeshua, Yeshua.

My Lord and King.

What a lovely, beautiful name...

How it calms me.

Your name is on my lips
Your love I can't resist
got to be with You wherever You are
I want You memorised
so when I close my eyes
All I've got to do
is keep loving You
by heart


I want to keep on loving You Lord. Keep on being madly, passionately, contentedly, overwhelmingly in love with You. Romance me, pursue me, help me, save me, assure me, affirm me, comfort me, teach me, lead me, be my Saviour, my God, my King, my friend, my Lord!

So loved! I can't contain it!
So much I've got to give it away!
Your love has taught me to live now
You are more than enough for me!
(lyrics deliberately changed :))

Jesus! You are my destiny!

I wanted to start this blog post softly in worship but it ended up in praise! LOL

To keep Your lovely face
Ever before my eyes
This is my prayer
Make it my one desire!

That in my secret heart
No other love competes
No rival throne survives
and I serve only You.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! He is Awesome, isn't he!
Our beloved Jesus, great is our Lord, Holy and Mighty. Wonderful savior! We are worthy because He is worthy. Praise the Lord!

Beloved Princess said...

Oh yes, He sure is! Do you know this song? Hosanna to the son of David! Hosanna to the King of kings! Glory in the highest heaven for Jesus the Messiah reigns!

Evelyn Zoe said...

wow wow wow...so cool...His name is so sweet..His name is so beautiful...His name...is so Wonderful..and His name is Wonderful!

Karuna said...

This thought is so beautiful and inspiring..yeah does exhort me towards worship.

God Bless