Monday, June 19, 2006

PK 2 Camp!

God is AWESOME!

What can I say? I so enjoyed myself - the kids, the worship (especially!) and the message!

There was one time during worship and Abba's love was just pouring down and behind me was a boy who had low IQ singing loudly and passionately, and in a world that could so easily rejected one such as he, at that moment, hearing his voice just worshipping God, just opened a floodgate within me. I felt the Lord loving him so so much and delighted in his off-key singing because the boy is His boy.

How wonderful is the Lord who is able to love the unlovables, see beyond the physical and embrace the beauty and purity within! What a privilege to be shown by the Lord - to be able to see the way that He sees! Unblemished, beautiful and a delight to His soul!

The children! What energy! I've learnt from the kids that leadership is not just being the loudest. It is about being steadfast and dependable. I've learnt to let go and not tell the kids what to do all the time - that they have to experience it for themselves to learn. Yet I make sure I am always around to ensure their safety - making sure they cross the road properly, that they don't get lost, trying to include everyone in the activities; yet loving enough to stand aside and allow them to make their own decisions, allowing them to make small mistakes; praying that I'll be wise enough to minister to them His shalom and love.

It's so enjoyable! I felt like a kid again!

And to be placed in a position where Abba speaks to me personally, "See how much I love them? They're gems to me," and then to be a conduit of that love. If only we knew how much we are loved!

I wanna go next year!

No comments: