Sunday, June 26, 2005

The Gardens

Botanic Gardens

Praise God! Today, I chilled out with some of my friends from the nursery ministry. We had a picnic at the Shaw Foundation Symphony Park there. The New Zealand band was playing. It was pretty cool 'cos they had some jazzy pieces and some music whose personality can only be described as cheeky! ;P

Anyhow, I didn't have time to really walk around the park. But as I was sitting there, with the green green grass underneath, under the shades of some balmy trees, and with the fresh smell of plants and the humid warmth of the sun - I just thought how it might be like when God first created earth. Earth was a garden! But oh, with waterfalls and mountains and mists.. One of my wishes in life is to have a superb view of a sunrise and a sunset. A sunrise pronounces the beginning of life - as light slowly, gently seeps across the dark and blossoms, in gradual colours across a once dark plate. A sunset declares the end of a glorious day, a quiet satisfaction and a lingering anticipation of a hope of a new day.

No comments: