Monday, June 27, 2005

Singles' Ministry - it's so NOT SDU

Hey, you know what, I like blogging! It clears my thoughts. And I like to get my say on certain things. Like putting them down in black and white makes it permanent.


Conversations

I enjoy conversations. I especially enjoy testimonials. I love fellowship :) I'm always hearing how Abba did what, how good He is, how much He loves - and I hear it all first hand. It's so precious to me! I love it!

I finally figured out what it is that maximises the enjoyment of the company of friends. Listening. Listen listening. It's fascinating. It's what they say, it's how they respond to what you say, it's when they say certain things, the things left unsaid, the tone, even the vocabulary. And 'listen' with your eyes, the body language. And just by listening, you learn so much. You partake in the experience shared, and for those few moments, you're part of their lives and their thoughts. When people share something with me, they're sharing part of themselves with me. Words are not just words. What is shared will build you up or shake your confidence. That is why it's so important who you associate with too. I find it easy to enjoy people. I love meeting new friends. :) But I'm quite selective too.

Only if we can restrain ourselves is good conversation possible. Good talk rises upon much discipline. John Erskine


Singles Ministry

I was just reminded of this by a sister today. Pointing to our July schedule, she exclaimed, "Oh nooooo... they didn't change the name. It's still called Singles Ministry." :D Poor dear. She's quite attractive and she doesn't want to fend off unsolicited advances. :)

There was some talk that it was going to be called Ben gen (Benjamin generation) or something else so that people won't get the wrong idea. Pastor Joshua reminded us during church camp, there there ain't no fishermen in this ministry, only fishes. :)

You know, the Lord will prepare us for this sort of ministry. If one goes to Him and don't rely on 'self-effort'. Some brothers I know, praise God, it's like they're glory version1.1 and God is still in the midst of transforming them from glory to glory.. but to continue, I ever heard a brother say that in effect, it's a numbers game. Yeeks!

The Singles Ministry is all about why it's so cool to be single! (It's cool to be married too, just different) The Lord is using the ministry to transform us into yakids. To know that we are secure and whole in the Lord alone and not find happiness in somebody else.

What is so exciting is that God is going to be the one who is doing the transforming in this ministry! How? By His Word! He's raising up an army (Isaiah 60), a family established in His love - and He is accelerating it especially in these times. We're going to see transformation right before our eyes! He's raising up ministers, not only to further the gospel but to establish the other brethren.

This is the first step. First to KNOW Him. (See below on 'Hunger')

The pursuit is Jesus. Pressing upward towards that goal of Knowing Him. And let God orchestrate the rest. (ref. Adam and Eve; Isaac and Rebecca)

It does not mean that when one is single, one has more time without a family, to serve the Lord. A thousand times no! [Reflect on what exactly is serving the Lord]


Pastor Christine Cane said something to the effect, (my paraphrase based on my impression of how it spoke to me) - Why should I marry if it draws me away from Jesus? Marriage only makes sense if it empowers both of us to draw closer to Him.


Why is the devil so against marriage? The divorce rates, the broken families..

Because the union between man and woman is most powerful. Paul talked about a mystery, the relationship between Jesus and His bride (the church). This is the second 'step'.


Abba, I don't know what is in store for me in the future. But I know it must be good! I just know that You love me and I know that I can trust in You. You are faithful to Your Word. Jesus, You are faithful to me. You know my thoughts.. I must have spoken to You so many times of this. Lord, I thank You that it is Your shalom peace that guards my heart. I am so satisfied with You goodness in my life! Show me, more and more, Your goodness and Your mercy. Show me Jesus, that I may just fall in love all over again! Romance me O lover of my soul, to the Song of all Songs! You're awesome. It's times like this when I feel close to You. Remind me, that even when I don't feel it, You are with me, always. :) I love You so.

1 comment:

ShepherdKing said...

Amen sista :) We are all growing from glory to glory! Its so exciting & encouraging to see all of you transformed! have a blessed & victorious week!