Friday, June 24, 2005

Songs in my heart

I just got back from church and it was wonderful... sigh. I so love going to my church. :) It's where the living waters are, it is the rest and the refreshing.

Like to share with you some lyrics from some songs I heard today.

Lyrics

1. Oh, I Want to Know You More

The words and lyrics of this song are from Steve Fry. It really spoke to me today. I felt like I have left my first love because I have been satisfied with the level of our relationship. I did not hunger and bother to push the boundaries and explore what is the width, the depth, the height, the length of His love for me. I was in my comfort zone, and spiritually, I was stagnated.

But it is the hunger, the yearning for more of Him because until I am with Him in heaven, within my soul, I cannot be satisfied, till my soul is one with Him even as my spirit is.

Just the time I think I'm at peace with the world that's mine
I feel at ease, I feel at home, and I know I'm not alone
Then in my rest, there comes a test, that shakes me 'til again I know
That what I had is not enough, and again I've got to grow

Lord, I want to know You more
Deep within my heart I want to know You
Oh, I want to know You
And I would give my final breath
To know You in your death and resurrection
Lord, I want to know You more
Lord, I want to know You more


2. You are so faithful


This tender song by Greg Gulley and Lenny LeBlanc reminds me, that in spite of all, in spite, especially of me, that my Lord, my bridegroom, my husband, my lover is still faithful. Even at times when I am faithless, He still is faithful.

It is demonstrated at the cross, when we spat at Him and denied Him, He still chose the cross and died for us. In this is love, not that we love Him but that He loved us. The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases. His mercies never come to an end. Great is thy faithfulness, O Lord.


Like the sun that rises every day,
You are so faithful, Lord You are faithful.
Like the rain that You send,
And every breath that I breathe,
You are so faithful, Lord.

Like the rose that comes alive every spring,
You are so faithful, Lord You are faithful.
Like the life that You give,
To every beat of my heart,
You are so faithful, Lord.

I see the cross and the price You had to pay,
I see the blood that washed my sins away.


And in the midst of a storm,
Through the winds and the waves,
You’ll still be faithful, You’ll still be faithful,
When the stars refuse to shine and time is no more,
You’ll still be faithful, You’ll still be faithful, Lord.


3. By Heart
This upbeat song is sung by Point of Grace. Everytime I hear it, it puts a smile on my face because it makes Jesus so personal, so close to me. So MINE. :) I've just included the chorus here, because it says everything.

Your name is on my lips
Your love I can't resist
Got to be with You wherever You are
I want You memorised
So when I close my eyes
All I have to do
Is keep loving You
By heart


I think Jesus is thrilled when we are the ones who initiate that love contact with Him. When we come to Him and be the one who say first, "I love You." When we just whisper in love, His name, "Jesus, Jesus." And say, "Your love I can't resist." "I want You memorised Lord." I think it brings a smile to Him when we say love words like this, lovingly, as to a lover, 'cos that's who He is!

No comments: