Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Practice Notes - a fusion

Practical lessons

You can know all about loving someone with the love of God. A brother once told me that we have to "bear with one another in love" and that "iron sharpens iron" - that bearing with conflicts actually help us grow.

A few months ago, I thought that everything should be easy 'cos we're loving with His love, not with our own human love as the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the holy ghost. At that point of time, I was quite a loner (have always been comfortable with my own company), now that I know more people, of all types, it's time to put my belief to the test.

And when it comes to practical lessons - I have tried to be inclusive with people I don't really like. But it's too tiring. I remembered Pastor said, "don't try and just let go." So I told the Lord, "I just don't like him/her and I'm not going to try."

Well, I still say hi/bye and am generally friendly, but I no longer make an effort to remind myself why I should like them.

By not making an effort to see their good points, I begin to see their good points. And I won't say that we're on our way in becoming great friends, it has now become easier to accept and love them as they are.


Note-taking

I'm a note-taker. It's been a habit from college. It's not compulsive. I only jot down good stuff. There was once I was on the phone with a brother having a casual conversation, when he just started ministering. It was like, hey, anointed words, so I started taking down notes over the phone. I don't think he knew...

Sometimes when we're just sitting about supper and just talking, my sister or brother would say make some insightful comments. Well, I can't just whip out my notebook, so I just put it in my memory, and write it down when I get home.

Sometimes I don't bother... I just mull it over in my mind for the next few days...

No comments: