Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Baaa...?

Sometimes in CG, we have a quiet worship where we just linger in His presence.

And it's different from the fervency, or emotional intensity in church. It's difficult for me to be still - because I'm used to thinking about this and that, my mind pondering here and there.

But to simply be still and enjoy the waters of refreshing. Just sit back into His arms and relax. Perhaps I'm a little of an active daughter to Abba. Hmph! I think I'm still better than most. I run to Him all the time! :D And of course! I'm His fave!

Today, Kenneth shared about sheep. Baaaa... :D And it takes some imagination to dream of the meadows and that slow pace of life. Sheep, I learnt today, are pretty stupid and totally reliant on the Shepherd.

It's not so much the not being smart part - because the wisdom of man can't even compare to the foolishness of God.

And I'm not going to summarise the notes here 'cos I've got to chew on it a bit. There's something that I'm not getting yet though I believe the revelation is already released within me.

Because though we are sheep, we are no ordinary sheep. We are not lost. We are His. And we follow Him.

The thing is, I realised especially towards the end of last year and this year even, I seem to 'know' things. But I don't use the information all that wisely sometimes. You know, like when one knows something, you would want to act on that information or not act regardless based on feelings. It's an impulsive nature. Whereas to be still and believe on God to resolve it, that takes *sigh* patience and perseverence. Well, do I know it!

And I beginning to understand what it means when Jesus says,

Matthew 10:16

Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.


Wise as serpents. The serpent was the most subtle of creatures. The thing is, we are wise as serpents but we don't strike. I cannot abuse the gifts and insights that God has placed within me.

Solomon abused the wisdom that God gave him and taxed the people. It is recorded that he collected 666 talents of gold in tax. He found favour with the Queen of Sheba who gifted him with 120 talents of gold. Numerical significance.

Pastor Lian and Pastor Prince have been preaching on wisdom. And today's message, there was a bit of a link.. I just feel a desire to pray in tongues more for the next few days. Ohh.. I'm sleepy now... shalom.. :)

No comments: