Monday, April 17, 2006

My birthday outing!

Yesterday (Saturday), the gals celebrated my birthday with me! It was wonderful!

First, we had a late lunch at (get ready now, long name coming up!) Crystal Jade Ginseng Chicken and BBQ. They had generous portions there and the food was really delicious! We got the set menu for 2 - but shared amongst 3 persons.

Jeri and me were at the table. We got to 'BBQ-ed' our beef and chicken. It was our first attempt. When John came, he shook his head and remarked at our 'burnt offerings' (actually, it wasn't that burnt!) and proceeded to take charge of the cooking... so sweet :D - so that we are able to enjoy the meal more.

Later, Jove and Cindy arrived (John had to leave halfway) and we proceeded for a leisurely walk from Centrepoint all the way to Fullerton. Then we sat down at Bakerz Inn for mostly desert. Ahh.. so nice. We talked and shared and chilled out.

Then we decided to check out Clarke Quay. So we walked there. I haven't been there for some time but it was really bustling. I almost gate-crashed a wedding dinner - almost, 'cos I had no guts. It was at this beautiful Chinese restaurant called Peony-Jade (lovely name!) restaurant. It was in a pseudo-shophouse and had a staircase leading up to where the banquet was held. A beautiful designed elegant entrance. I thought it was a wonderful idea to hold the wedding dinner in a restaurant like this instead of traditionally in a hotel. Of course, if I had the cash, I would have my dinner on a cruise-ship. :D

There were a lot of foreigners around - a very worldly place I suppose, but I always liked a busy atmosphere. I do like the city. Though looking at the pubs and clubs and couples, I did feel a little sorry? for them. It looked like this was the lifestyle - the only way they know how to 'relax'. Hmm.. what's the word? There was a weary worldly air about them. Me? I felt like a curious kid, more there to see the architecture and design of the place. It's really cool! Very post-modern feel.

I really enjoyed myself with the fellowship and just exploring the places we have here. :)

Here are the birthday pics that Jeri sent! I had some trouble but finally managed to get them up! Hallelujah!

Here's Abba's beloveds! Cindy, me and Jeri in front of the Durian - a local landmark :D

The babes: Jeri, Jovy and moi and the lovely skyline

Glowing Cindy and me, pretty as can be :)

In front of the merlion, holding that cute bouquet that Jovy gave :)

3 comments:

alleyrose said...

hey babe!! im so happy that the friendships made in HJ's cg are still going strong :D
Love the pics! more more!! captivating!

ShepherdKing said...

Hey babe.. aiyah.. we forgot to 'edit' the pic.. a bit blur hor..

Beloved Princess said...

To Angelina,
Friends, fellowship, love - so important! We band of sistas! LOL.. waiting for you to come back to S'pore!

To Jeri,
how ah? still can edit? Nevermind lah, still look pretty even when a little blur... thanks for all the songs babe! :)