Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Charisma

I've found that spiritual people - down to earth spiritual people who know how to joke, who dress the same as anyone but yet have that 'glow' - are attractive.

I believe that the word 'charismatic' - used to describe a denomination of christianity not only refers to the charismatas (the gifts of the spirit) but to me, also suggests that the person is charismatic.

And why not? Such has the favour of God upon him; the Lord's face shining upon him; the consciousness of the Holy Spirit residing in him - how would beauty not attract?

I'll be honest. I know I have the favour of God upon me. And being a female, I subconsciously played the 'feminine card'. It occured to me sometime ago that I have more male clients. It was explained to me way before that usually that's the case - something about the opposite sex.

So when I became disappointed with a particular incident, I took the 'rejection' (what I perceived as rejection) personally. I realised then that I was depending on my own charisma and not the favour of God. Somehow I have crossed that line and believed that it was me and not the favour upon me.

Of course, it is tempting to use the favour for my own ends. I think that was what happened with David and Bathsheba. That is why it is important to be grounded in His love and keep my eyes focused on him. It is tempting for the ego to think that it is I who am attractive. Then there is the dilemna, because it is Christ through me, it is I in Christ and Christ in me, so technically, it's 'I'.

Well, I guess what I'm trying to say is to know that all that one IS and one has comes from Jesus. In matters of charima and chemistry and whatever, it would do well to daily remind ourselves that it is the reliance on God's favour that we depend on. We should daily 'see' and acknowledge the glory and honour that He has crowned us with, with a thankful heart. :)

No comments: