Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Nostalgia

Thought of a song today... had various 'likes' and infatuations growing up and 2 crushes. Maybe it's 'cos I had lunch with a good friend today who recently got attached. We knew each other in university - and well, my first crush was in my 2nd year - that was about 6 years ago.

6 years is a pretty long time and the feelings have long been gone. But it was 8 months whilst it lasted - I even had a 'theme song' for us... and today, it just popped into my mind.

but if I let you go
I will never know
what my life would be
holding you close to me
Will I ever see
you staring back at me?
How would I know
if I let you go...


by Westlife

I must say though, 'likes', infatuations or crushes aside; I'm glad to say that my first love is and always will be Yeshua.

Never knew love till I met You... (should be a title of a song :))

Hmm.. like in limbo land but quite contented? It's just feeling a little weird - like I'm a perfectly happy single wondering wandering... hmmm...

I guess this musing happened because I believe God guards my heart but Pastor also said "it's better to have loved and lost, then never to have loved at all" - encouraging us to take risks... :S Maybe he's speaking to the guys. I just don't have the inclination to.

It's like you have everything and then there's a suggestion (in my mind) that I'm missing out on something? But search as I might, I don't think so.

Ahh... Lord, whatever. You know my heart in this. I'm SO over it since last year. Now, I just want to focus on the ministry that you've placed in my heart. The marketplace! :)

edit: Wrote the above yesterday... just now, reading the birthday present that Jeri gave. There was this paragraph which was 'timely' ;) and confirmed what was in my heart:

"It is the job of a real man to find his woman, pursue her, and capture her heart. It is the job of the woman to be ready to be found - a much easier job description. But it will only be easy if you have your head and your heart together."

No comments: