Friday, April 28, 2006

Prayer before sleep

It's 2 am in the morning Lord. I don't know why I'm still in front of the computer. Got a long day ahead tomorrow. Running! Urgh, I'm not very enthusiastic about running. :(

So be with me Lord.

Fellowship with the Holy Spirit. Hmm.. what's it all about? Ah well.. I'm going to rest in You and obey You and I don't know how I ought to pray Lord, so I'll pray in tongues, for it is the rest and the refreshing.

My lids are a little heavy, but I'm reluctant to go to bed. Just want to linger a little more in Your presence. Today, You feel comforting to me.

Abba, I decided to dwell in things and words that edify me. I'm not going to force myself but shall just be like a sheep and follow the life within me. Give me the revelation of what it means to have You as my Shepherd.

I'm looking forward to the sign language class on Saturday. Well, I guess it's more of a background class than the actual sign language itself. Still, quite excited.

And You do remember my shopping list? When do we go shopping? When do I get that iPod? hee.. also that Nokia phone and that spa retreat.. :)

Lord, I declare that I'll lose the fats in all the right places tomorrow. Oh.. there was this funny article in the newspapers today about bosoms and all. And I'm reminded when I carry a toddler on my lap and he's facing me and resting his head on my bosom, so naturally and comfortable - well, it's a tender picture isn't it? Of softness and warmth - a womanly comfort - a different sort of gentleness from a father's. Hmmm...

Did you laugh when I mused that it's not a man I want but a family? Ahh.. You know what I mean.. LOL

Just crossed my mind, today's sermon about human love - saccharine sweet and unreliable.

Abba, give me an understanding heart. Fill me with the spirit of wisdom Lord. Let the law of kindness be on my lips. Teach me to be as wise as serpents and harmless as doves. You said that length of days are in wisdom's right hand and on her left, is honour and pleasures forevermore. With long life You satisfy me, and show me Your Yeshua.

Oh, it'll be a pleasure to wake up to goodness and mercy pursuing and hunting me down all the days of my life.

Oh Lord, that I may dwell in the house of the Lord forever. To rest in Your glory and sing praises to Your name.

Isn't it some kind of wonderful? It just struck me that whoa, it's eternal life starting now! And it's Your zoe life.

That You love me so much, You would protect me from ALL my enemies. And that includes my flesh. Not me Lord, You. I'm Your sheep Lord, totally reliant on You.

You beloved daughter, in whom You are well pleased! :)

Did I ever thank You Abba.. how much Your support means to me? How much Your belief in me means to me? To have Someone believe in me regardless of my failures. To have Your love unceasing regardless of the times I let You down. No wonder the bible says, Your love ENDURETH.

Have I tested You much Lord? Yet You still delight in me.

Am I always on Your mind Lord? Tell me again...

You are my strength, my hope. The tower that I lean on. The refuge I run to.

Beautiful Lord,
Wonderful Saviour,
I know for sure, all of my days are held in Your hands,
crafted into Your perfect plans

How come You're always joking with AJ Lord? What about me? Show me more of Your humour Lord, You know I like to be jolly. I love Your tender, wry, sparkling, ironic humour. All creation has Your fingerprints. The giraffe, the elephant and the many-handed octopus. Tell me a joke everyday?

Amaze me Lord with Your creation everyday?

Embrace me, kiss me, love me, hold me - keep me still in Your comfort my Love.

My Lord, my King, my Saviour, my Yeshua, my Best Friend.

I love You.

1 comment:

manu said...

in the name of jesus, i send greetings to you. i read what you wrote. touching. keep writing
manu