Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Chit-chat

Abba, it's one of them blah days that I've wasted at home.

In fact, it started off with good intentions. Wanted to get lots of work done, get a good book to read and of course, quiet time in the Word. But in the end...?

And it being such a boring day, I didn't feel quite like talking to you. No energy. Not inspired. Just bleh leh...

You know I'm getting lazy when I lapse into Singlish.

Hmmm... what do you think of the elections Abba? I'm a little nochalent about it. Not voting this time round. But it's like, hardly hear a peep from anyone, then in the last month, such a furore of action. I don't like the PAP harping on Gomez, but they do have a point. Especially tonight when I was watching the news. He did seem like he was playing it up for the media in asking the Elections department for his 'submitted' form.

Okay, let's not talk politics. It's a little droll.

So what's the plan up in heaven? Like when are you coming back Lord? Which reminds me, I must get last last week's CD on the shaking.

Oh, and when Pastor preached about Mount Sinai - that mountain that quakes and trembles - man, it was such a terrifying sight. The purity of the law and all it's glory. Gosh, I was 'scared' and so so thankful for the cross. How can man aspire to perfection and holiness - whose standard is so way above our capabilities. Wow, when Pastor brought forth the terror of the law, in all it's demands... The law brings fear and inadequacy.

I was thinking Abba, of doing a study of Romans and Galatians.. but what say You? I love the way Paul writes. Oh, he's passionate and deliberate in his arguments - at times pleading, demanding, cajoling, proclaiming!

Give me Your stability and wisdom Lord. To grow in wisdom and favour with God and men - like You Lord. Holy Spirit, You are the Spirit of truth and wisdom. I invite You to reveal Yourself in my heart.

Lord, I know You are a gentleman but let it not be said that I'm hard of hearing. But write Your laws in my heart. You said that none such teach me, know the Lord! So Abba, You teach me! You be the one to reveal to me, revelation knowledge of the beauty and perfection of Jesus and the power and mystery of the Holy Spirit.

What does it mean by having the Holy Spirit, God Himself residing in me?

What does it mean, Christ in me, the hope of glory?

Let it be more than mere words alone but transform it into life! Effect in me, work out from me Your salvation.

Would Your goodness cause me to tremble? To fall on my knees?

I do not know Lord. You are at once, El-Shaddai, Jehovah, Adonai - but You are also my Abba, my Yeshua and the gentle Holy Spirit. The latter, as a dove, as a mighty rushing wind. Oh, You speak in a still small voice to me, but You are all power and majesty.

That at Your name, every knee shall bow, and every tongue declare You are Lord! What sort of power and majesty can command such awe?

Do I know the victory that I already have? What it means to reign in life? What is the gift of righteousness and the abundance of grace?

Do I know how much the cross avails for me? Ahhh! I want to appropriate more! I hunger for more! I thirst for more in a tangible tangible way. Inexplicable, inexpressible. To be closer to thee! To enjoy thee! To be One in spirit and in truth! In might and in power! To experience Your glory!

My Father, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven!

No comments: