Friday, May 12, 2006

short comment

Sometimes I get defensive.

Like today, which happens to be Vesak Day. And on the front page of life, they were running an article about more young intellectuals turning to buddhism because they were encouraged to question. In front was the huge caption "No blind faith."

Immediately, counter-arguments ran in my mind. I had felt that all the advantages that they pointed out was an indictment against Christianity.

Perturbed.

Almost right after that, I asked myself, "They didn't say anything about Christianity. You're reading into things." Hmm.. and I realised how negatively geared I was (i.e. defensive)

Silence.

I was still this thing about the "blind faith" label.

Then the Lord spoke to me on the inside. I knew it was Him as opposed to my thoughts above, because when He speaks He's very calm one. (So cool... but anyways...)

He asked, "Is Christianity blind faith?"

I said, "No, not at all."

"Then why do you care what others think?"

Selah. My heart settled.

No comments: