Saturday, May 06, 2006

Lost and found

Sometimes, we don't know how much something really means till we lost it.

About 2 days ago, I lost my wedding ring. I used to take it off quite casually and often at times when I don't want to 'feel' married.

But when I lost it, I've felt like I've lost a precious symbol - though it's only a symbol that forms part of my identity, it was very tangible to me. It doesn't change my relationship but losing a tangible reminder made me realise how much I actually appreciated Him.

Sometimes, I'm so much in my comfort zone; being so secure in His love that I take it for granted. But when I lost my ring - what I was sad about had nothing to do with the ring and everything to do with what it symbolises.

I've found it since and it's like returning to my first love, refreshed. :)

No comments: