Saturday, September 10, 2005

Growing gloriously

Have you ever thought about physical growth and the passing of time?

I saw a little girl today, draped comfortably over daddy's arms.

A few days ago, I saw a picture of the world's oldest recorded human being, a lady, age 117, all wrinkled but full of smiles.

Today, I met a classmate I haven't seen for some time, beautiful, sexy, vivacious and young.

I had the impression that 33 years young is the peak, the fullness of manhood or womanhood as the case may be 'cos Christ died when He was 33. Thereafter, "with long life He satisfies me."

But a thought ocurred to me today.

When God made man, He crowned him with glory and honour. Even when man sinned and died spiritually, he physically lived for over 900 years. How wonderful, how youthful they must be!

It was what Eve said that caught my attention today.

"I have acquired a man from the Lord" (Genesis 4:1)

To me, babies are fresh from heaven. In this world though, they are 'taught' fear and worry. Then sin creeps in and the body grows and ages. But is this necessarily true for those of us in Christ today?

Adam and Eve were never babies. So it must have been quite strange when she gave birth. And she said, "a man" In their near perfect physical state, just after the fall, (man had to be taught to speak words of death and learn to die then 'cos sin was so alien in the beginning) - a full grown man and a babe must have been both glorious, both 'fresh from heaven.'

I don't know. But a baby is born with foolishness in its heart (Proverbs 22:15) and needs to learn to eat from the tree of life. But usually, it is taught to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. (The law = ministry of death [2 Corin 3:7])

Instead of growing old and dying, shouldn't we in Christ be growing glorious and living?

What does it mean when the Word says that we are being transformed from glory to glory? Is it only inner transformation? Or is it physical as well?


Romans 8:11

But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

"quicken" in greek

1) to produce alive, begat or bear living young

2) to cause to live, make alive, give life

a) by spiritual power to arouse and invigorate

b) to restore to life

c) to give increase of life: thus of physical life

d) of the spirit, quickening as respects the spirit, endued with new and greater powers of life

3) metaph., of seeds quickened into life, i.e. germinating, springing up, growing


Whoa! I tell you what I think!

Forget about 'peaking' at 33 years young.

God's way of restoring us is not restoring us like Adam. Nope! Abba does it lavishly! Restoring us from sinners to adoption into His family, found in Christ!

So imagine, babies are so beautiful right? So what am I like now? An aging babe?! hahaha :D No way! According to His Word, the Holy Spirit within me zoefies my mortal body.

Eve equated Caine with Adam ('cos the only man she had reference to was Adam) - and man was still physically beautiful and young after the fall. How much more us today!

In Christ, we are transformed from glory to glory. So in the natural, if a baby is so beautiful to behold, in a family showered by the love of God, a believing family speaking life to it, it grows to become more glorious, not old.

It's a promise of the here and now! We are the generation that will not see death. I truely believe that I will see Him face to face!

There is still sin in the flesh.. yet we are dead to it - I believe it's through a continual renewal of the spirit of the mind, meditating day and night on His Word. Not scripture memorising! But just, R&R in His love for moi - allowing Him to love me deeply!

Wonderful to be daughters of Sarah! Her youth was renewed in her 'old' age!

Wonderful to have the promise of Abraham (for guys as well). You know he had many children by another lady after Isaac? Praise God!

Hey, take God's orders seriously. Be fruitful and multiply! I was telling my client that I wanted 5 children. His eyes opened a little bigger and he observed wryly that I am a supporter of the government, "get married, don't stop at 2 policy." hahahaha :D

Well, Abba did give man a mandate to populate the earth! Hallelujah! I want to surround myself with a family I love too! And children are blessings BLESSINGS from the Lord!

5 comments:

ShepherdKing said...

hi babe! yeah.. i want tat promise yes we will be younger, healthier day by day! Babies are closest to God, tat's why they are not grumply, selfish or ugly like the adults, as they are fresh from heaven.

cybeRanger said...

Yeah...God will renew our youth like the eagles.. :)

cybeRanger said...

Guess what? Eagles can live up to 120 years old... Is it amazing? :)

Justin said...

One thing that a secondary school teacher had taught me, is that once we stop growing, be it intellectually, mentally or spiritually, we will start to die. That's why, since we don't want to die, we all need to keep growing, and what other way then in God's grace?

The Faith Expedition said...

Just a quick note to thank you for your encouraging comments on The
Faith Expedition! I'm having a much better day today and feel the presense of God and His strength sustaining me! Have a great day!