Friday, September 23, 2005

A man and a woman

I have been thinking about what Pastor Prince and Pastor Mark mentioned..

Pastor Prince observed that in the bible, it talks many times about the husband loving the wife, but not about the wife loving the husband... and he asked the congregation 'why?' (of course rhetorical :))

Because when a man loves a woman, she will love him back. Women are made that way.

The bible talks about the relationship between Christ and the church, as between a husband and his wife. But also in our own personal relationship with Him... ask yourself when and why you fell in love with Jesus? You'll have the same answer as me :) When I found out how much He loved me, that's when I fell for Him.

Is it the same between a man and a woman? Does it not work the other way round too? hmmm... well, the bible did not mention, wife love thy husband. And I'm just reminded, a book I read concluded that men spell love as 'r-e-s-p-e-c-t'. I partly summarised it here: For women only Way before this book was written, the bible talks about women submitting to the husband, as to the Lord.

There's something awesome about the observation that Pastor Prince made. He said God gave woman to man so that man would understand Jesus' love for the church. I think it's a very special revelation that perhaps only a man would understand?

It takes a secure woman to submit, to a man, as to the Lord. I would venture to say true submission in the heart is only possible through a revelation of His love.

Interesting observation Pastor Mark made.. actually about his wife. Some time back, he said "when a man loves a woman, she just blossoms."

There's just something about love.

I suppose that's why some people, whether they are Christians or not, have that inner glow. They know they're loved.

No comments: