Sunday, September 25, 2005

King of Heaven


Who is there like you Lord?
Clothed in strength and beauty
Marvellous, so wonderful in deeds

You who calmed the tempest
You who made the blind see
Mighty is Your hand to deliver me

King of Heaven
Exalted above all
My victory, my song
Great in majesty and glory

King of Heaven
You're worthy to be praised
All honour to Your name
Jesus reigned forevermore



This song is written by Karen from our music ministry. She's the Lucy Liu look-alike playing the keyboard during worship.

The first time I heard this song, it just touched me. Because it is a song that I am singing to Him. It is not a song we're singing. And when I am singing to Him, I just feel that Jesus is mine. "Who is there like you Lord? Clothed in strength and beauty."

And in the next verse, I can just see Him walking alone the shores of Galilee. That's my Jesus. That's my God.

What is worship? As I was singing "Exalted above all; My victory, my song, Great in majesty and glory" I was just reminded of this verse from John 3:14

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up,

Exalted - lifted high.. at what price our victory? And yet, through the cross, through His death, we are victorious. And so we sing, Jesus, great in majesty and glory. O worthy to be praised! Jesus, reign forevermore!

No comments: