Tuesday, September 06, 2005

What's next?

Is Jesus coming back? Is the rapture coming soon?

Despite the events that are about the world today - and these may be signs.. it is my personal opinion, not yet.

Though I do believe that I will see the rapture in my lifetime and I will not see death. Somehow, the number 150 years comes to mind... :D hmmm...

After all, dear Moses lived to 120 years and he was under the old covenant. How much more glorious the ministry of the spirit is! The spirit that zoefies my mortal body. And restoration through Jesus Christ is far greater and above the position of the first Adam. And boy, he lived for over 900 years.

Why not soon?

Because the church is just beginning on it's transformation of glory! The last enemy to be put under our feet is death. So before that poverty, sickness would be replaced by health and wealth...

It is not that we have to see the results of the gospel to believe. We, in Christ, knows that all things are given, though not manifested. And we have to look at events beyond the finite constraints of time - for manifestation is only a matter of time. But believing the gospel, the good news of the peace and favour of God - that is the strength and assurance we have with Him.

And what is more sure through looking back at the cross, where God in human flesh, our saviour and lover, Jesus Christ hung. Sometimes I look at the depravity of sin and wonder how a holy God who knew no sin is able to take it on Himself. The savagery of His spiritual death far exceeds His physical one. The bible describes His death in the original as Jesus dying many deaths.

Sometimes, I feel like I'm untouchable by the things that happen in the world. Remember the seals in Revelation that God has redeemed me from? He loves me so much, how can He stand by and let worldly events or things take my life?

But even when I go through trials; yea, though I may walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil for He is with me. His rod and staff, they comfort me.

I just recall Caleb and Joshua, who had a different spirit. They saw the giants, and they were going to war. Did they not know that they may die in battle? But somehow, they were oblivious to these natural facts. Facts are not falsehood - it is something that people acknowledge as the truth because truth is perceived through their senses.

But we have been born-again. A new creation! There was something awesome that God created when Jesus died and rose again. Just as many many years ago, God breathed His breath and created man in His image and man sinned and that breath and image of God within them died. Now, as a new creation, something that was dead within us is born-again. We are no longer souls in a mortal body. But we're a tripartite being. Born-again of the Spirit of God, with a soul and a mortal body.

And perhaps even more mysteriously, not only of our own Spirit, but we are One with His Spirit. That it is Christ IN us NOW! Adam's spirit was alive and I believe his spirit and body was an image of God. How much more, even now, after the cross, where our spirit is not an image of God, but somehow, One with Him.

And as spirit beings, we perceive reality, and true perception of reality for a Christian is not through the mortal senses. But through the Spirit of God. It is not holy spirit goosebumps and weird vibes. I don't know, I'm still learning.

This I know, to bring every thought captive to the Word of God. To bring everything I observe and subject it to His Word, His truth. To know that only His Word is reality, even when it is contrary to what I see and feel.

I used to wonder about this verse which talks about crucifying the passions of the flesh. And I wondered whether a Christian life is 'passion-less' because the activities that I used to enjoy, I no longer do. Sometimes on TV, they have these appeals to charity, and I am not moved.

Abba loves me with a passion. I cannot fathom that I am passion-less just because I don't 'feel' it. Afterall, I am an offspring of God Himself, who is love. And if I ever doubt about the passion of God, I just have to meditate on the manner of His death. Knowing truely, how Jesus suffered for love for us, who can ever doubt His passion or His love for me?

In fact, I don't 'feel' a lot of things. And when I erupt, I cool down real fast. When the holy spirit teaches me, He'll not be pointing his finger at me and saying, "You should do this". In fact, most of the times, I would look at myself (mistake! Nothing good comes with looking at myself) and say "I should..." In fact, He just writes His laws on my heart and then I desire to do something. Like desiring to apologise! In the past, that would have been an ego hurdle.

It's wonderful to be able to complain to God. Sometimes when I'm so angry, I just want to spew venom and use words to cut the person who makes me mad, I need to take that step of faith and quickly leave the room before I say things that I regret. I go lock myself in my own room and vent at Abba. And sometimes words in a known tongue are so limited and not very nice to hear..and there I am spluttering with anger (thank God! these incidents are very few nowadays..)

Well, I don't know whether it's PC or not, but I'll complain to God in tongues. I can just talk and talk in an angry tone in tongues and it's very eloquent. (honestly, it sounds pretty good. Like I'm giving a speech or something.. hahaha) I don't know what I am saying. I know that in an unknown tongue I speak to God, and not me, but my spirit prays. (prayer is talking to God) But at least even though I am praying through my flesh, it's the holy spirit that is praying. And I cool down after a while, and then think to myself, "Gee, what's the big deal?"

I totally veered off the topic of 'What's next?'

Hmmm... no matter what, I know He loves me. I went to Comex last Sunday and participated in 2 blessed draws. Anyway, one of the prize was a PDA and I wanted it. So of course I asked Dad, "Abba, I really want the PDA. I want it." And well, I know that He is rich and He loves me, so hey, why not?

Well, I didn't get the PDA. And of course I was disappointed. Okay, this is a small incident, but Abba always speaks to me through small incidents of everyday life. So at this point I can ask, "Why Abba?" I didn't verbally, but in my heart, yes, sure, I thought about it.

But you know what, whether or not He answered my prayer didn't really bother me. He didn't have to give me a PDA to show that He loves me and hears my prayer. He has demonstrated His love for me when He sent His only beloved Son, Jesus Christ to die on the cross for me. Looking at the cross is more certain than if His love depends on the things that He can give me now. Of course, I believe that if I didn't get the PDA, He has something better in mind for me. He's so in love with me what! And I'm not saying that flippantly. He really loves me very much!

I just draw this analogy to what happened in New Orleans where some people was asking how God can let this happen to Christians? The implicit accusation underlying this is "God, if You loved them, You would have rescued them."

His love is already demonstrated on the cross.

And, my own opinion again, I personally believe, how much God can move depends on one's revelation of one's authority in Christ. This world is a fallen world. And although many people say God is in control, it is my view that God is in control only over His covenant people. All authority on heaven and earth, all power over principalities is given over to Jesus. And Jesus has given it to His church. That is why there is something about prayer that 'allows' God to move. I believe that prayer is activating the blood covenant that Almighty God has with me. Also, the Word says to speak to the mountain. Sure, you can talk to God about your problem, but the Word says, you speak to the mountain. Children of God, you have the authority. How many of us knows that?

It is something powerful when we know who we are in Christ - I believe that even if I were in New Orleans, somehow my Abba would have gotten me out of there. As Christ is, so am I in this world. Are they not all ministering spirits sent to serve the heirs of salvation?

So even if I refuse to heed Him and disobeyed, am I so powerful that my act of disobedience is able to thwart His plan for me, His power to save me even from the follies of my own actions? God makes all things, good and bad, work for good, for those who love Him.

I believe the phrase "for those who love Him" - I know it seems dependent on how much we love God. But how do we love God? This is love, not that we love Him, but that He loved us, and sent His son as a propitiation for our sins.

We can't love Him on our own. Man tried to for 2000 years. But there's only one Man who could love God with all His heart, all His soul and all His might, and was able to keep the entirety of the law.

So we love God only through a heart revelation of His love for us. So that even the love we love Him with, is fueled by His love for us and not our own love. For God is love. And how do we 'get' this revelation?

How did David know that God is love? He spoke after His loving kindness which is better than life? How did this lad (afterwards a King of Judah and Israel) who lived under the old covenant knew about God's love?

Why, he was a shepherd who walked in the meadows, tending his sheep. Not much of a career when you think about it... but in the midst of that, he just enjoyed talking to God and worshipping Him. I suppose for us today, it's taking time to walk and talk with Him, like when He used to walk with man in the Garden.

I liked what Pastor said. "We have coffee with friends but do you know that God wants to coffee with you. And you know what, when you talk to God, He talks back! And boy, does He have things to say."

Remember, the devil goes about LIKE a roaring lion. He is known as the accusor of the brethren. Your Dad has more class than to point fingers. All your sins (past, present and FUTURE) have been punished in the body of His Son, so that He is now, righteous and just to remember our sins no more because Jesus did a finished work.

Now, I come boldly to the throne of grace to have coffee with Abba. To sit at His feet and perhaps daydream. And allow Him to hold my hand and to look into the eyes of my Beloved and well, simply to R&R in His love for me. Today, it's like a warm blanket. On other days, it seems like crashing into the waves of His love.

Who have I in heaven but You? There is none like You. There is none I desire besides You.

No comments: