Thursday, September 22, 2005

Sensory perceptions

Personal definition...

Carnality - using sense-knowledge to determine the Word of God.

I know that the truth of His Word, is simply because He says so. Circumstances do not determine nor dictate the truth and reality of His Word. And to be honest, I distrusted the senses.. waiting for the redemption of this mortal body, to put on incorruptible.

But I have since started this past week, not to despise the senses. You see, what I did was to have a blanket distrust of sensory perception. Yet when one thinks about it, it is the Lord who created colour, texture, aroma and sound. Before the fall, God created the earth and all it's beautities for us to enjoy.

Hmm.. how did I come up with this conclusion? The strangest thing...

Cologne! hahaha :D

Personally, I don't wear perfume. Just not used to it I guess. And generally, I don't enjoy perfume. But strangely, I kinda of like cologne. Is it an opposite sex kind of thing?

Well, not all cologne! Anyway, someone I knew was wearing this cologne that I really liked... it was well, very pleasing :D Hmm.. does cologne then makes the man? :D

It kinda of reminded me that Jesus was presented as a sweet smelling aroma to God, pleasing to Him. It's just the way the bible describes it.. linking the sense of smell and pleasure...

and hence, it also reminded me to take the time, to enjoy creation. To enjoy my senses. After all, God gave man the 5 senses to enjoy creation before the fall. Hmm.. taking the time to enjoy the texture of a leaf, to admire the redness of a rose, to feel the brush of the wind, to smell rain, the whisper of a breath...

No comments: