Tuesday, September 20, 2005

People

People - can you figure them out? 'cos I can't! :D

At times loving, at times petty...

At the end of the day, I suppose it's the companionship.

It's the conversation and the presence.

Communication and conversation.. hmm.. words are a powerful thing. It can build a person, it can turn vicious.

A long time back, I read this poster that went straight to my heart 'cos I was guilty of it... I told myself then, that I shall watch my tongue, for it holds the power of life and death.. and out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

Of course, I'm quoting scripture now. But back then, I wasn't a Christian. Still, God gives a certain amount of wisdom to the world.

And I believe it's applicable today.


The poster read:-

Big minds discuss ideas

Average minds discuss events

Small minds discuss people



I'm writing this down 'cos well, honestly, I'm taking the coward's way out. It's difficult to tell people directly. But it's not so much the person speaking, I'm finally writing this down 'cos I've been witnessing its deterioriating effect, not only on the person itself, but friends who are around as well.

Well, I'm speaking this in abstract. Take it if you feel there's life in this correction. Reject it if you feel it doesn't apply. :)

On the other hand, I've been around environment where there's absolutely no politics. And it's wonderful! It's liberating!

God loved people. People are meant to be enjoyed, to be loved. I'm still learning! God knows! But where it proves to be a tough challenge, like how a saying goes, "when you have nothing good to say, don't say."

The tongue, the tongue - "even so the tongue is a little member and boasts great things. See how great a forest a little fire kindles! And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity." (James 3)

Yet praise God! He has given us today a new language! A new heart! Love bears all thing. Beloved, I pray that you build yourself up on your most holy faith. Use your words to cleanse, to build each other, to edify, to encourage and to love. For in so doing, you too are able to experience the love Abba has for each and every one of us.

1 comment:

Evelyn Zoe said...

wow...yes...the tongue is something difficult to control...we can't control...so let go and let God to do it...when i am unhappy over some colleagues..i am also like that...hahhahaa...