Thursday, September 15, 2005

A prayer

Abba, today's a new day. A day that You have made. But it seems like any other day. And 'any other' seems so dull...

Abba, Daddy, be with me today Lord. In every moment, let my mind settle at rest on You. Remind me of Your presence with me Father, in the little details of my life. Sometimes, I need the tangible feel of your love to feel loved, even though I know that You already love me so.

My Jesus, my saviour, my Lord and friend. Embrace me again, speak loving words in my heart and refresh me. Life isn't in the activities and the busyness of the day. Neither is it in the dull, lingering, merry-go-round coach potato moments of life. Life my love, I believe, is continuous prayer with You, to be continuously aware of Your loving presence in my life.

Not even as a 'feel good' Kodak moment. Sometimes, I have to remind myself that You are my God too. Ready to move in might and power on my behalf. To show Yourself strong before Your people, that You may be feared and glorified. That You may be loved, in reverence and awe.

What is intensity Lord? What is your love Lord? Just when I thought I felt it all, there's more to discover isn't there? Of Your goodness and Your love and Your power. You are so immense and still... yet so intimate and real. How do I know You more Jesus? Just by letting You draw me near and loving me?

But Abba, sometimes I want to do something for You too - to love as You love me. But even then, it's not how much I can love, my capacity is so limited. Sometimes, I admit, I'm afraid to draw near You, because before You, I'm reduced to tears, by Your goodness and Your mercy. Yet You continuously call me to yourself.

Abba, sometimes I feel like I'm receiving so much from You but not doing enough. I look at myself and have to remind myself to look back to You. Teach me simply Lord, more and more, just to rest, really rest in Your love. And be unashamed to have You love me again and again...

I love You Lord. Because You first loved me. And gave Yourself for me.

No comments: