Sunday, August 28, 2005

Can't live a day without You

On the way to church today, I was 'stoning' in the bus, and this song came to me :)

It's You
You who have won my heart
Taken me into Your arms
Comforted me like a friend

Your love,
Surrounded me from the start
I never want to be apart
From You ever again



The journey back to Jesus is so precious to me. I have lived life without Him and I have lived life with Him. And let me tell You, the present is oh so much sweeter. Even as I looked back on my past, I see His faithfulness in my life - at a time when I was in denial. I am the most 'intellectual' person I know then, and I simply could not 'figure' Christianity out.

Now, looking back, there is no way to know God with my head. I only am able to know Him with my heart. At times, He's the only sure person I can cling on. The rock that I hold on to and rest in.

Have you ever felt desperate for Him? I have! Sometimes, He seems so far, but actually He's very close. Sometimes, I just want to get closer still but don't know how. Then I just pray in tongues, or just say His name over and over again, and speak His Word, and yes, sometimes I sing too!


I could live life alone
And never fill the longings of my heart
The healing warmth of someone's arms
And I could live without dreams
And never know the thrill of what could be
With every star so far and out of reach
I could live without many things
And I could carry on, but...

I couldn't face my life tomorrow
Without Your hope in my heart I know
I can't live a day without You

Lord, there's no night and there's no morning
Without Your loving arms to hold me
You're the heartbeat of all I do
I can't live a day without You

I could travel the world
See all the wonders beautiful and new
They'd only make me think of You
And I could have all life offers
Riches that were far beyond compare
To grant my every wish without a care
Oh, I could do anything, oh yes
But if You weren't in it all...

I couldn't face my life tomorrow
Without Your hope in my heart I know
I can't live a day without You

Lord, there's no night and there's no morning
Without Your loving arms to hold me
You're the heartbeat of all I do
I can't live a day without You

Oh, Jesus, I live because You live
You're like the air I breathe
Oh, Jesus, I have because You give
You're everything to me




From Avalon

1 comment:

Elson - son of El (El means God in hebrew) said...

this blog is good. it glorifies Jesus, brings out the Joy of the Holy Spirit in me and comforts my soul.

as surely as Jesus has send me into this world, pray for me my dear sister that one day, i may be a preacher of His Truth to mankind!

:)

the one whom Jesus loves,
Elson