Sunday, August 07, 2005

Worship in love

Today we went for Festival of Praise! It was very very crowded. Quite a concert!

There was a song which got me thinking...

When I declare, "I love You Jesus, Forever, I will live for You.. " Inside my heart, I'm yearning, but I'm thinking, "Lord, I want to love You forever, to live every minute of my life for You.. but can I? Am I able to?"

(After the FOP, we had fellowship at Cosy Bay, nearby the Indoor Stadium. It's a cool place to chill out. But if any of you go there, just order the drinks. The food portion is really small for the price they are charging.)

So, anyway, I was sharing with a sister how inadequate I felt whilst singing songs about how much I love Jesus. I don't want to be a Peter boasting of my love for Him. Yet at the same, I do want to tell Him that I do..

And she shared that it's really a cycle of love.

We love because He first loved us.

AND that the love we love Him is not from our love but from the abundance of love that He has given to us first.

It is the awareness of His love, that is so immense that it is beyond comprehension and ETERNAL, that fuels our love for Him.

The love in which we love Him, Jesus Christ, is not human love, but revelation love - because it is only through revelation that we love Him as God and not as a 'good man' and that can only be through the spirit.

It's supernatural.

Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us (Romans 5:5)


God is love. And we His children have His nature (which is love) in us.

The Holy Spirit is love. And He resides in us permanently. Hallelujah!


Wow.. so NOW I can sing of Forever, and mean it. Because whatever I am, do or feel is from what He has so freely given to me in the first place.


And Abba sees my heart. When I seek, will I not find?


So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. (Luke 11:9-10)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree about the food size sis. Very tiny, don't know who they trying to feed. Haha

Kristen Zuriel said...

I agree w/ how u feel, but aint it lovly how He looks @ us always~ eternally perfect in His eyes?

Leaning wholly on Him,
(w/o Him reali canot mke it, man!)