Wednesday, August 24, 2005

The world and me

Hmm.. feeling a little philosophical today..

Reading Life, movies section today. A quote from directer Olivier Marchal, "Cinema is a place for people to dream. Movies should be more beautiful than life."

and recalled another quote,

from Shakespeare's As you like it

All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts


The question is, why shouldn't life be more beautiful than the movies? Why shouldn't life be larger than life?

Imagine if we should play out our time here on earth as a stage. Afterall, we have the great Playwright FOR us, 'cos all things work together for good for those who love Him.

Do we mean it when we sing "I live to worship You"? What does it really mean?

I officially am employed again since last Sat. But after a month's hiatus, it's a little difficult to start the engine running again.

This morning, I woke up, too late for a morning meeting and felt really bad about it. Felt time is just oozing slowly past, meandering purposelessly, round and round. And I asked Abba, what happened?

I don't know about you, but sometimes I pray prayers and fear that He is not able to fulfil them - and sometimes I rather not pray. Fear is an insidious, subtle snake.

So I prayed today and dedicated today to Him, for Him to live it through me as He deems fit - my time to Him to do as He will... yet at the back of my mind, I'm thinking, "now, what do I do?"

Is surrendering everything to Him means letting go of everything, even concerns on results? Living each day with a mentality which goes, "If I perish, I perish"? It's difficult for me 'cos I want to get effective in my life to glorify God. Yet really, only God can glorify God in me, in my life. Not me.

I'm also reminded, since it's already three quarters of 2005, and looking back, I remember that it is to be a superabundant year for me as well. I'm trying to rest (what an oxymoron!) and let Him pour out His abundance so that there's not room enough to contain it.

Hmm.. do the first works. Just get absorbed again in His love for me.

A sister reminded me of this lovely song,

Amazing love, how can it be?
That You my King would die for me
Amazing love, I know it's true
It's my joy to honour You
In all I do, I honour You

I'm forgiven, because You were forsaken
I'm accepted, You were condemned
I'm alive and well, Your spirit lives within me
Because You died and rose again!

1 comment:

cybeRanger said...

Amazing post! :)
You can find the lyrics on my blog too..