Saturday, August 06, 2005

A prayer

Oh Abba, I don't like it when I'm getting sick. My head starts pounding, my nose is running and my voice is hoarse. And I just recovered from a similar bout of illness just two months ago!

The stupid spirit of infirmity. I'm so angry!

Lord, if there's one thing I've learnt from the last time, is to keep my eyes ever the more fixed on You. It's not striving to attain healing nor confessing it like a mantra. But to abide in Your love, to ignore as much as possible, the physical discomfort, and relax in Your embrace.

To pursue, not healing, but Jesus and His righteousness. Because then the faith for healing will just naturally come and I will realise, here in my heart, that I'm already the healed.

Jesus, my Lord - Jehovah-Repheka, the Lord who heals me.

Abba, I just rest in Your love for me. It pains You more than me to see me sick.. but I have this blessed assurance, because of His finished work, that the truth, which is eternal forever and ever is, By His stripes, I am healed!

Heal-ed. HEAL-ED! Past-tense! Hallelujah!

In Jesus' name, amen!

1 comment:

cybeRanger said...

Thank God for the divine health and healing... Give thanks with a grateful heart! Let not your heart be troubled... Amen?