Thursday, August 25, 2005

MInistry

Yesterday, I went for my Pastoral Care Ministry meeting. Sigh, it was wonderful! Felt so refreshed after Christina Wee's sharing.

We overcome with the blood of the lamb and by the word of our testimony. There's a power in that that builds us up. Whereas in the afternoon, I'm feeling blah, but really, I love going to church, to sit under anointed teaching and preaching, in blessed fellowship - I feel it is there that I am centred and stabilised. Where things suddenly becomes clear; His Word is like a lamp to my path.

It has to be sustainable. I feel that aside from going to church and CG and ministry meetings and getting so refreshed then - well, I want to be perpetually in the oasis. The oasis is in the midst of the desert (the world). I don't want to get 'dusty'. It means that I must have a lasting consciousness of Him and not simply through association with the corporate anointing. But through a personal relationship as well.


Ministry to the Lord

Do the first things first. My first ministry is to the Lord. Doing that one thing that is needful. To drink from Him for myself. To minister to Him by receiving from Him. Just sitting at His feet and receiving and receiving and drinking and drinking. His love, His love, His wisdom, His Word for they are life! to those for find them!

I've forgotten that.

It's not a matter of how much time I practically have for ministry. Time is not a factor. For the Lord will redeem my time. He multiplies it, extends it somehow.

I'm just reminded, we are called Christians. And Christ means "the Anointed". So as Christians, we are the anointed ones. Our anointing is from Jesus Christ, found in us. The life that we live, is how Jesus would live it, because it is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me. As such, everything that I touch, there is victory.

Abba, I no longer want to guess how You are going to accomplish great things through me. I don't know how to comprehend, I don't know how You're going to do this. I just know that Your Word says that all the promises of God for me in Christ are yes and amen! And my future is bright and sure because of You.

Abba, I don't want to think too much but simply to act out the desires You have put into my heart. Not to rationalise andsee whether I can do it. I don't want to look to the left or to the right but to focus on You. How I need Your love Lord to fill me up again! I know, I KNOW that You love me with a passion! In my head, but Jesus, I want to feel it again, too, in my heart! I know we are supposed to walk by faith and not by sight. But Lord, I just believe that when I keep my eyes transfixed on You, keeping myself under the warm glow and embrace of the Son, why, then You loving write Your desires, my desires on my heart.



Ministering

Service in the different ministries should never be my own effort. I've learnt that when I do that, I tire quite easily. I've learnt that I have to first receive and receive and drink from the Lord, the living waters. The service that I render would then be out of the love I have received rather than an obligation.

Ministry is not volunteer work at all! It is an opportunity to serve the brethren whom Jesus so loved and gave of Himself to redeem! And yet, even as we serve, we serve from our overflow (not from our reservoir) and there is such beauty in serving! For the more we serve, the more we receive from the Lord. He gives us the grace to serve and when we do that, He rewards us for serving, through the grace that He has given to us in the first place! Praise God!

I've learnt so many things through serving and am looking forward to more!

I'm just reminded by Christina, that we don't have to look at ourselves and ask whether we are ready to serve or not. But to know that coming forward to serve is a step of faith, as long as you have the desire in your heart. As long as you have that desire, hey, it's Abba writing on Your heart. And He is more than able to minister to others through me. I'm only the earthern vessel, but I have the treasure, the Holy Spirit in me.

After the ministry meeting and during the fellowship yesterday, a brother was sharing this incident in the bible. And it's just, wow, the awesomeness of service.

He said in the multiplication of the 5 loaves and 2 fishes. The people there received the loaves and fishes and partook of them. But it was the 12 disciples who were distributing the loaves and fishes, they were the ones in the position to see the miracle. They were the ones being used by God. Whereas the people enjoyed the food, the disciples got to see the power of God doing great works!

I don't chase after signs and wonders, nor hanker after the great miracles that old testament prophets used to perform. For the people then saw the works of God, but did not understand His heart, and they turned from Him. I want to see Jesus revealed.

But isn't it an awesome thing to be used by the Lord in ministry? For the people are so close and precious to His heart. For having received and being conscious of His love for me andloving Him in return, how much more we desire to serve the people that He so dearly loves as well?

And in serving, there is a special position there.. I am moving closer to the heartbeat of the One I love. And I think that is so wonderful and precious to me. :)

1 comment:

cybeRanger said...

Wonderful and precious post.
Be blessed...