Friday, August 26, 2005

Feeling the rhythm

This afternoon I watched a movie called "Innocent steps" This is a dance romance with some touching moments. Ballroom dancing...

Ohhh.. I'm envious. The couple looked really good together. And his posture is really suave and dashing. And she, is petite and endearing. Naturally, they progressively fall in love and after some difficulty, live almost happily ever after. :)

He's a professional dance sports competitor and trainer and she's a newbie with only a little dance background. Nevertheless, she works really hard and does everything that he tells her to. In a particular scene, they're going through the steps, but it doesn't 'click'. And he's angry with her 'cos she doesn't get the rhythm. She pleads with him to teach her how, as with all the other times.

Instead, he asks her, "Do you love me?"

Okay, guys, hold on to your goosepimples, it's not as brrrr as it sounds.

She stumped. As was I as I was watching. Like, '??? so direct?'

But he continues.. he says, "When we dance, you are in love with me... as I love you."

Sigh. Which is one of the reasons why you see most professional dance couples married to each other. It reminded me of one of the 'criteria' I asked Abba months and months ago.. you guessed it? That he can dance. And also one of the reasons I didn't pursue dance seriously.

Anyway, why did I bring this scene up on my blog?

Well, I was thinking about this particular scene as I ate my prawn and chicken salad topped with mango, kiwi, dragon fruit and strawberry toppings (so says the menu).. :D

At first, they were going through the steps, the motions, without feeling the music, the rhythm - i.e. no chemistry in the dance.

Hmm.. it just reminded me of my walk in life.

I don't dance through life alone. After accepting Christ, I'll never walk alone again. I'm with Him, He's with me all the time.

But, to be able to move in sync with Him, to enjoy the dance and the music of life, well, it's not about doing the good things, it's not only about loving others.. to feel the rhythm, it's about being in love with Him.

That's the key. The consciousness where I know that I'm in love and I know that my love is reciprocrated as long as I'm alive - here in this world, and beyond.

That's how I'm able to rest in Him, and follow His lead and enjoy the dance of life! Why, to just fall in love daily with Jesus!

No comments: