Friday, August 12, 2005

Identification

Wow, had a wonderful time at bible study tonight!

Pastor Prince is away at Jakarta for a Pastors and Leaders meeting - I'm so glad we get to 'tithe' our pastor out so that He can be a blessing to the nations.

And praise God! You know, Abba is so good! He will anoint every leader that He puts over us, to minister to us, giving us words of exultation and feeding us with His truths and just refreshing us with His love - and He anoints them, why? Because He loves us so much.

Well, tonight we had awesome time with Deaconess Lian preaching.

The issue tonight is how to get from hearing (the Word, testimonies) to HAVING them.

Biblical references:

Leviticus 1:3-9 (the burnt offering)
Exodus 33:18-22 (God shows Moses His glory)
Judges 6:1-16 (Midianites oppress Israel)
Judges 7:9-15 (God reassures Gideon with a dream)
Judges 7:15-20 (Attack on the Midianites)


Deaconess Lian started off with a hebrew lesson. She said that the word 'sin' and 'sin offering' has the same word - 'chatta'ah '

That is, Christ on the cross - He who knew no sin became sin for us. He is our sin offering and on the cross, He became sin. He so 'identified' with our sin and that is why 'sin' and 'sin offering' are one word.

In Leviticus 1:4

Then he shall put his hand on the head of the burnt offering, and it will be accepted on his behalf to make atonement for him.

All whole procedure of offering matters nought (i.e. killing the bull, sprinkling ot he blood, skinning the burnt offering) if he does not first lay hands on the bull.

Why? The male bull without blemish is a picture of Jesus Christ. The bull is killed to make atonement for the man's sins. When he lays his hands, he exchanges his sins for its perfection. Now the bull, the sin offering becomes 'sin'.

Hence similarly, we identify ourselves IN Christ. We are His righteousness - I identify with the finished work for Jesus was made nothing so that I can become the rightousness of God in Christ.

It is not Christ, the hope of glory.

It is Christ in you, the hope of glory.


As long as you see Christ 'out there' apart from yourself, it avails nothing. When Christ is in you, then there's glory.

But what is the glory of the Lord?

Moses asked this very question. And look at God's answer and see His goodness!

And he said, “Please, show me Your glory.”

Then He said, “I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before you. I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.”
Exodus 33:18-19

His glory is His goodness! Wow!

Imagine, when we talk and sing about glorifying the Lord... actually, what can we, mere earthern vessels do to glorify the Lord of glory?

But Hallelujah! Since God's glory is His goodness, God is GLORIFIED when His goodness is seen in our lives!

And His goodness is freely given! It is not something that we can earn by our good works... He will be gracious and compassionate to whom He will be gracious and compassionate to.

But hey, God IS Love. And I am His covenant child and He loves me! He sends His beloved son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross for me. He has already given me His best, O how can He not be gracious and compassionate to me? I am His darling daughter! :D

God goes on later to say in v22,

So it shall be, while My glory passes by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock, and will cover you with My hand while I pass by.

Note, where are we when His glory passes by? In the cleft of the rock. In Christ Jesus!

Christ in me and I in Christ - we are one! Identified together!

Remember the prayer that Jesus prayed? (John 17:20-26)

“I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.

And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.

“Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world. O righteous Father! The world has not known You, but I have known You; and these have known that You sent Me. And I have declared to them Your name, and will declare it, that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them.”


Actually, Jesus said a lot of things here.. so lovely to meditate on.. do you see His heart?

Then Deaconess Lian shared the story of Gideon (Judges 6:1-16)

Note this verse 14

Then the LORD turned to him and said, “Go in this might of yours, and you shall save Israel from the hand of the Midianites. Have I not sent you?”

Hmm.. the Lord did not say, "Go in this might on mine" but "yours"

It is Gideon's might? But Gideon was not mighty. Why did He say that?

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:13)

I am doing it, yet it is not I, but I through Jesus Christ!

But I thought, this is the old testament, and Christ has not yet died.

Isn't it all the more 'strange' that the Lord would say "in this might of yours"?

But I noted, that God said that because in verse 16, He says, "Surely I will be with you."

How much more, we as covenant children today, with the Holy Spirit indwelling us?

Every problem and obstacle we have is HIM-possible, in Christ!

Yes, we look on, we focus on Jesus Christ. The answer to every problem is a revelation of Jesus Christ.

AND

Identification! To reiterate - the bible does not say, Christ, the hope of glory.

It is Christ IN you, the hope of glory! Oh, let that be a revelation in my heart. Let me not look at the beauties and perfection of Jesus as something outward, but to know that Abba has placed the spirit of Christ IN me. That the beautiful Jesus, the righteousness of God is not someone to admire outwardly, but to REALISE that it is inwardly.

Let's RETREAT into God and IDENTIFY in Him.

Christ has been made unto us wisdom, power and righteousness from God.

Oh Abba, help me daily, to identify that it is Christ who lives in me. That He is made unto me everything that I'll ever want or need in my life. He is the power of God within me - O glorify Your name through me. Pour out your goodness and blessings - did not Your Word say that blessings are on the head of the righteous? And I am the rightousness of God in Christ!

Let me know daily, Abba, that I have died to self, and the life that I live, I live to Christ. That glorifying You Lord, is not my work and anything I can ever do, but only through Your spirit who lives within me - guiding me, teaching me all things..

I love You 'cos You are so patient with me and You have changed me so much through all the months. You've opened my eyes and restored to me so many of Your beautiful truths. Lord, daily, I hunger to know You more.. of knowing also, how right You have made me in Christ. And I thank You for that hunger! I thank You for loving me so much! Your love gives me the strength; Your love embraces me.. Oh Jesus, You love me like nobody can! I love you so! :)))))! You make me smile Lord!

1 comment:

Elson - son of El (El means God in hebrew) said...

sister, thank you for sharing........i praise God for that willingness to share the spiriual richness He has given u. Amen. all glory unto Jesus!