Saturday, July 02, 2005

Courtship

Today, was speaking to a brother about deposits and withdrawals in a relationship...(okay.. give me a break, I'm in the financial sector ;P) I believe that to withdraw later, you must deposit lots first.

Then just now, I found that it was biblical too! The Word talks about courtship after marriage. (must be taken in context, 'cos the custom was an arranged marriage. Today, I suppose it refers to making a substantial deposit before marriage.)

How wise is our Abba! The bible is really our instruction manual to success! :D

5When a man hath taken a new wife, he shall not go out to war, neither shall he be charged with any business: but he shall be free at home one year, and shall cheer up his wife which he hath taken. (Deuteronomy 24:5)

Lately, I realised that I've been churning out essays... argh! I have on hand some uncompleted magnus opus... Well, I've decided. Will just go with the flow and share what I want to share and not do research and preach! :) No time for that..

No comments: