Friday, July 08, 2005

Deliverance!

Terrorism are for cowards.

Even in war, the most barbaric example of a violation of rights, there is still a 'code of honour'. To inflict pain on equal ground. Civilians, women and children are not to be touched.

To what end? But to inflict fear and terror. Obviously, people not in their right minds.

My sister was flying back from Paris into London on that day where the bombs went off. She was to be back much earlier but her flight was delayed and she got stranded in France. My family wasn't sure exactly when the next flight would be as the line got cut off.

After we heard the news of the bombing, we tried to contact her but to no avail. Well, it reminded me of the 91st Psalm. I dusted it off and confessed it over my sister. I knew she would be all right. Strangely, I felt as if there was something very suggestive about worrying.

The thought flitted through my mind, 'it is normal to worry in the process; yes, pray about it, but the prayer is after the fact, will God really come through?'

I'm putting my thought down to remind myself how the devil plays with the mind with 'legitimate concerns'

Praise the Lord! My sister was safely back in Birmingham already. I know that Abba watches over her for Jesus' sake and for mine too. I don't need to know about her need and pray that He will supply because He sees it before I do and provides without me asking! He is good, good, GOOD!

Rest in Him, trust in Him. In His presence, no evil is able to befall me and my family.

No comments: