Saturday, July 16, 2005

Repentance

I realised I haven't been taking Abba seriously enough where blessings are concerned.

Particularly in the area of material blessings.

I was just reminded of this after being to one of my brother's fantastic new abode for caregroup. And it's his own place, and he's only in his late twenties. And I'm thinking to myself, "If he's got it, God can bless me too!"

Then why not? I contemplated on my bank account.

I repented.

You see, in my mind, the blessings of material wealth, a house, a car will are all sure but it'll come someday. I believed in slowly but surely.

No, no, no.. that's wrong. Why does it have to be slowly? It doesn't have to be pushed into the future...

I know there's a verse that says, with patience we inherit the promise. (Hebrews 6:12) This, I believe, refers to the holding on of faith for the physical manifestation of the blessing. But the faith that we have it, that faith is Now! We believe that we have it NOW, not in the future.

It's so important to KNOW what you believe.

My faith was strong, but it was in the future.

How do we get blessed?

It's all about Jesus and His finished work and it should be read in the context of what Deacon Chin once shared. i.e. That the job that God blesses us with is usually the main channel of His blessings by grace.

We have to be faithful in our job. Not as men-pleasers but as service to the Lord.

Even so, submission, joy in work etc.. is unnatural to our flesh. That is why we have to LET Christ in us take over. To KNOW that He has already given us the grace to accomplish what He has placed us to do. We need to have faith - just a little will do! We have to have that faith as SMALL as a mustard seed. Know that it's easy! Believe that it IS easy!


Another thing I had to repent from is my mindset.

I realised I was a child despite talking 'big' about having my own place. I was a child because I dreamed about someday. I will earn this amount of money some day, have my own place someday, take care of my parents someday..

Why not NOW?

Why not seize destiny instead of waiting?

I didn't see myself as an adult yet. I thought I did. But I didn't... I've repented :)

Give yourself a test. Imagine you're gonna get married. You'll see how fast you change your mind. Your attitude about finances (expenditure and savings), your attitude towards work, your family, how you would apply the Word in your life... why, you start to get real serious about it.. At least, that's what happened to me!

And yet, I know that it is my responsibility to know that it's NOT my responsibility to provide for my family but HIS.

What does that mean?

I have to hook up to Jesus' faith with what little faith I have,; and be faithful in being a channel that Abba can pour His storehouse of blessings into.

To really believe, that with Jesus Christ, the Christian life is easy. EASY!

Christ means the anointed. He's in us! Whatever we do, is anointed! That is the truth, we don't walk by circumstances.

What is anointing? Think about that! It's HIS anointing!

Learn also to guard your heart. Above all your guarding, guard your heart, for out of it flows the issues of life!

Guard. How? What you see and hear.. be it colleagues, friends, sermons, fellowship.

Note too, for "out of it flows".. out of your belly will flow living waters.

How does it flow? By speaking the Word. Confession. (homo-logia) Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. The only person we need to convince is ourselves. When we believe rightly, His peace will guard our heart. All we have to 'do' is "let not your heart be troubled."

The word 'flows' denotes speaking and 'issues of life' refers to the Word.

The reverse is also true.

You can DON'T guard your heart, not only by what you see or hear but by the words you speak. By so saying, you convince yourselves. You are a spirit being, made in the image of God, your words have power.

God spoke the world into being. His words are spirit and they are life!

We are 'like' (image) Him. But our mind has to be renewed daily. Sometimes, we 'forget' and partake from the tree of good and evil. Our words are still spirit (note how we speak forth blessings) but we have a choice. Are our words life or death? There's no such thing as 'just words'.

Death and life are in the power of the tongue.

Therefore, TAKE no thought, SAYING.

Even the world knows, "if you've nothing good to say, don't say." :D

Well, it really worked for me! And it doesn't take a long time. Just a changing of the mind.

It's simple really. Once Abba settles your inside with His peace, the outside will fall in place as well.

You see, it's the things that we don't know we don't know that's our 'blind spot'. How we need His wisdom and love! How we need to wake up every morning and run to Him, or let Him come and embrace us! He's our Abba and teacher. (The Holy Spirit will teach us ALL things! :D)

Intimacy with God. That's awesome. I am who I associate with. (Proverbs 13:20)

No comments: