Saturday, July 09, 2005

Go fall in love...!

I dare ya!

Fall in love... with yourself!

Jesus says, "love your neighbour as yourself" So the extent you can love your neighbour, is the extent you are able to love yourself!

Does that sound narcissistic?

Not synonymous with vanity. Vanity can mean an unhealthy preoccupation with looks or activities surrounding self... (hmm.. are bloggers vain? We expose our opinions to the world..)

Majority tend to be self-critical. In the flesh dwells no good thing.

But know that we are in Christ and just be conscious of what He has done to make us worthy. Christ our new identity. And the ability to fall in love with yourself is the ability to understand how much you have died to self and live in Him.

So everyday, look into the mirror, both physically and spiritually, and talk to yourself. Look and confess what is so right about you in Christ.

But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord. (2 Corin 3:8)

For she said to herself, "If only I may touch His garment, I shall be made well." (Matthew 9:21)

We don't need to convince God how right we are in Christ. He already sees us perfect in Him. We need to confess to convince ourselves the truth.

The effects of loving yourself?

Confidence, spirit of excellence, integrity, generousity, love, optimism, wisdom, beauty, glorious, charisma and life more abundantly!



Then after that... Go fall in love with someone!

haha! I think falling in love with someone is a passive experience. Oh, I don't mean courtship and the dating process. Falling in love means opening your heart up and giving a part of yourself to that special someone. It means daring to be vulnerable.

I think we're able to dare and give selflessly only when we truely understand that all our needs and desire to love is fulfilled in Jesus alone. And having received, we are able to give. Without expectation. (See below 'What's that lovin' feeling')

Oh, a side point.

Had a very interesting conversation with sister R today. :D About the criteria of independence. We agreed that no, we don't want to date anyone who is too clingy.

And she observed, "how do you know if the person's independent? Before you date, the girl (or guy as the case may be) may look independent. But how would you know until you date the person?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, if she's not dating, then bo3 bian3 right? She must be independent 'cos there's no one else around. Only when you're dating, then you'll truely know."

haha.. :D True, true.. Okay, where was I before I side-tracked?


Hmm.. I don't know about seeking love.. I don't think anyone should seek it. Love should happen quite naturally. Should anyone seek love? (I don't recall any of the heros in the bible seeking love) Seeking seems to suggest the search for love due to a lack.

No. I think chemistry, the sizzle should spontaneously happen! Abba told me once that falling in love is fun! With Jesus, with yourself, with someone else! - in that order :D

It's not stressful. Think about it. When Jesus said, remember your first love.. and another place, remember from whence you fell.. consider the definition of love - it's really a process that builds one up. Love gives a high doesn't it? Love, more intoxicating then wine. Does not the bible say that thy wife is as a fruitful vine? :D


What about trials in a relationship? Well, they're bread for us! You know, trials mould us, test our faith. It exercises 'first love' into something more potent - Passiion! Relish it! It's a learning process. In the Christian life, how can we lose? When Jesus is in the midst of all our relationships, how can it not be something beautiful? How can it not be more and more glorious?


So important! I believe that He preserves our heart, if we would let Him. I would love the Lord to write my romance! My story! Exuberance! Ha! Why not? Joy, joy in His goodness and His faithfulness. Will He not provide? Just the way you like it!

Let not the perceived dreariness of everyday things and ordinary people distract me from Your promises. How can I forget my Lover? Behold You have come, over the hills, upon the mountains! To me You have run, my Beloved, You've captured my heart!

Have you had your heart CAPTURED by the Lover of your soul? Swept, swept away into His embrace and just lost LOST there! All consuming passion drawn into one's soul - that's the power, the strength, the life, the joy to face the days before us.

Give us this day our daily bread. Oh, not only Your Word but challenges! Let me be blind to them as 'challenges' as David to Goliath! Your covenant is in my heart. Let the spirit of sonship in my mind, every second of every day. Abba, how we need you to remind us!

Relish the truth! That even where we don't feel it, see it, love, faith and hope is certain because it is based on the cross. The cross of calvary. Awesome. :)

No comments: