Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Submission

I thought being a Christian, I've gotten over the problem of submission. There're so many verses in the bible which talks about that.

But not so.

The Lord has been dealing with me over this. This phrase keeps ringing in my mind.

There is power in submission.


There's been 2 instances I'm facing in regards to submission. One in regards to the changes in the CG and one at work.

Okay, the CG one is already settled. I thought of moving around and settling down at a CG where I'm most comfortable with the anointing there. There is nothing wrong with doing that. In fact, I feel that it's wise to do that. But I think for my case, Abba has been impressing on me NOT to move.

Well, the second instance is at work. My boss wants to have a heart to heart talk with me on Wednesday. And Abba has been dealing with me these past 2 days about that, to prepare me for the meeting.

Sometimes, I feel that the office is so sales-oriented; at times, it feels like it thrives on pressure. Some of the trainings presupposes everything on man's will and strength. You've got to do this, do that, then you'll achieve MDRT!!! (MDRT = million dollar round table) Like that's the measure of a man.

Oh, the colleagues are great, the office energy is fantastic. Buzzing, young and vibrant. :) So there's no people issue here. Only authority issue.

You know, I'll feel so 'up' on Sunday, hearing the good news, of God's superabundant favour and love in my life; then I go for Monday meeting and my morale just plunges and I develope a horrible attitude. How do I submit to a 'ministry of death'?

Well, we're in the world but we're not of the world.

But I feel that Abba has been telling me to submit - not only in terms of outward actions, but inwardly as well - i.e. joyfully!!! (Definitely need God for that!) And He will even change the kind of topics that they touch on. Okay, okay, power in submission...

I've been griping and arguing with Abba for the longest time, and He's been so patient with me. :D First, He reminded me of Daniel in the Babylonian court. Then I told Him, that Daniel defied the court when it infringed on his faith. Like insisting on eating kosher food; and praying only to the one true God... it's a bit of a stretch on how this would relate to going to meetings.. but I told Abba, surely He won't want me to sit under the 'ministry of death' right? Killing me slowly...

Recently, He reminded me that He will change the topics and won't I just chill? (my paraphrase) And I told Him again and again, (in case He changed His mind - ha!) I can't submit on my own. I know I can't. I know that in my flesh I'm stubborn. So if You want me to submit Lord, Jesus You do it! 'Cos only You will be able to submit to this arrangement gracefully, joyfully.. amen. :)

Another thing the Lord reminded me was that we are living epistles. To effect change (i.e. bring the gospel into the marketplace), it's just wise not to alienate the people He wants to impact. It does not mean conforming to the world. It does mean crucifying the flesh. Oh Lord.. I've died to Christ, it's no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me! I'm so not looking forward to the meeting tomorrow. But Abba, You just deal with it for me.

No comments: