Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Legacy

Have you ever thought about leaving a legacy?

Or about people leaving a legacy?

A legacy may be be spiritual and tangible or material.

The Jews left a legacy. (BTW, hmm.. Jews - short form of 'jewels'. Like the precious gems on the high priest's breastplate.. but I digress)

Before, the patriach passed on, he would bequeth blessings to his sons. In fact, such blessings were very precious. Witness how Esau and Jacob became estranged after Jacob got Esau's birthright.


But more than that, I think a legacy should be family. Like teaching the child the precious truths of Abba Father, passing on values, discipline... how a child is raised would affect the next generation and the next. And it is contagious.

What do I mean?

Think about that term "cultural difference" - especially between East and West, how parents relate to their children.


So what can we do?

Ethical wills is one idea.

Amazon is a great place to surf for material to read. Personally, haven't read this book but if you were to search for "ethical wills".. it's a great concept!

Like one reader said "While most of us at some time in our lives have thought about the kind of legacy we would like to leave behind, few of us have actually written the words down. How do we want to be remembered? What messages do we want to leave for our families, and the significant people in our lives?"


Coincidentally, today we had a company meeting from 9 to 9 at Fort Canning called "The Legends"

(Hmm.. "legends" sounds a little like "legacy". Okay, it could be just alliteration.. oh well, when I am less sleepy, I should do a word study to see if they're related words..)


There's a buzz in my spirit two days ago. Just feel like something's gonna happen. I'm just starting to see my breakthrough in terms of my 'flow' in work.

But praise God! Although the meeting was supposed to be on a really boring topic, in the end, found out there were some major MAJOR positive changes.

Great, fantastic, exciting changes! I'm like wow, wow, WOW! I love it!

I don't know any other place where you go to a company meeting (there were about 140 of us) and get charged up by the company's vision and dynamism. It's like I can see the windows of heaven opening above me and I thank God that He put me in this place! Man, it's the start of great, exciting, thrilling developments! It's wonderful to be the movers in the industry! I look at my leaders and the management and I'm so grateful to them! And thankful to Abba for them!

And I just feel that, hey, this is a great platform to build a legacy. With this kind of love and support, foresight and Godly favour, it's not only a career that I can be building but a legacy!

It was just a thought that came to my mind. Wow, the potential. I'll have to wait on Him.

How to do build and leave a legacy in business? I don't know. He will tell me in His time. After all, He's the senior partner. :D

No comments: