Friday, July 29, 2005

Praying

Had a wonderful time in the Word this bible study.. just when I think I know pretty a lot about tongues, Pastor reveals a fresh insight into the Word for me to feed on.

Wow.. the depths of His Word, the riches of His truths.

I just so love going to church.. sigh.. of satisfaction. It's that same kind of sigh after a really satisfying meal. :) You know, when you put aside that napkin, and pat yourself on the tummy and declare to the world in general, "I'm happy."

Abba, you really love me huh? Right back at You! :D You just keep giving me fresh fresh fresh! infusions of Your truths. Your Word, is so LIFE to me! That's why I'm still blogging now at 1.44 am!

Okay, side-tracked.


Summary of tonight's bible study:

Meditation of the Word in the ministry of the spirit is praying in tongues.


Read like this, sounds like quite a leap huh? Get the tape. It makes absolute sense to me after Pastor expounded on the scriptures. :)


Pastor told us to make it an experiment, to pray continuously in the spirit till Sunday.. even now, as I'm typing this, I'm praying. It IS possible to do two things at the same time, when one of these is praying in tongues, 'cos the understanding is not engaged at all.

Even so, I told Abba, that He has got to help me to pray continously. To build myself up.. I want that breakthrough. I don't want a stream of living waters, I want rivers of living water.

Pastor said something interesting, (I'm paraphrasing) "No matter how much one can stand against a rivet or even a stream of living waters, one can hardly stand before Niagara falls."

I loved that picture! I want Niagara falls to pour forth out of my spirit. And sweep every debries away and gush forth the power of His resurrection! I want His power to break through into my world, engulf my life through my prayers. He is more than able to do it!


Never thought about the POWER. In fact, I'm somewhat apprehensive about it because I did not understand the concept of power.

The power of God is not brought forth through what I do. I remind myself, I cannot convince God to work on my behalf. I don't want it by wages. I want it by grace through faith - through Jesus Christ and His finished work on the cross.

But I never thought about WANTING it. At the back of my mind, I have the idea, "when it comes, it comes."

(Abba wants me to leave a 'let go and let God' life.. i.e. 'bo chap' life. But when it comes to His Word, I want to have that unquenchable hunger for His Word.)

It's about pressing in. Wanting to know more about Jesus, His love.

And praying in tongues brings revelations birthed forth from the spirit to the soul.


This is one of my favourite passages.

Ephesians 3:16-20

that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man,

The Holy Spirit is sent to take care of our inner man. Our spirit (inner man) becomes alive when we are born-again. My spirit and the Holy Spirit are separate, yet One.

It is only through the Holy Spirit that we may be strengthened in might, so

that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love,

Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God. The Holy Spirit helps us to know Christ and His love. He has come to convict us of righteousness.

may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge;

God is love. And He made us in His image. He made us as vessels of love too.

We love because He first loved us. Not only in terms of returning His love, but also in us loving people.

Love is a force. Love is power. God is love. Love is also El-Shaddai; Love is the Lord of Hosts; Love is the lamb and the lion of Judah.

that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

As we behold Him with unveiled faces, we are transform into His glorious image.

How? As we are being strengthened with might through the Holy Spirit. We are filled.. but press in more! with the FULLNESS!

Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us

It is only after we've learnt to receive from Him (let Him fill us with His fullness) that He is able to serve us. He "is able to do.. according to the power the works in us"

The power that works IN us, is the Holy Spirit!

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints— (Ephesians 6:17-18) [Pastor covered this very comprehensively in Church camp 2004)

3 comments:

Piedmont said...

AMEN!

cybeRanger said...

thanks for your comment on my blog. Have linked to your blog..

ShepherdKing said...

hey babe! lets encourage each other to pray more in the spirit! Must nudge me hor!!